10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Only if your criteria for facts is rigid quotes or stats.

There's no hearsay, the quotes can be got from a Barca magazine interview posted recently. Only one part of the post is speculation, and I qualified it as such. It's not bashing though, in any sense.

Anyway, I'm done with this pointless conversation. It's Lucho's team, and he will have to deal with the results of his choices. As a viewer, it is very annoying to watch someone rest on the pitch.

Only facts are facts. If all you have to go are speculations, word of mouth and rumors, that's hearsay, that's not factual. In any case, I wasn't speaking directly about any of your comments, just the general tenor of the thread, which has some downright mind-boggling comments.

Golazo

I agree that he didn't have a good game. But for those saying he needs a rest, didn't he rest for 2 weeks on the international break?

Gnidrologist

The fact is he is very tired, yes. No argument here.

The "fact" you are implying that he is chasing his personal glory despite being tired so he is a douche bag, this is the "fact" that I have soooooooooooo many problems with.

Got it?
Maybe i went overboard with the ''deuchebag'', but if it's not for the reason above, then why would he insist on playing every match, to the point of creating conflict with a coach, if not because of his ego? He's a grown man and should realize that his fitness is of most importance for the team. Being too eager to play doesn't override that.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Only facts are facts. If all you have to go are speculations, word of mouth and rumors, that's hearsay, that's not factual. In any case, I wasn't speaking directly about any of your comments, just the general tenor of the thread, which has some downright mind-boggling comments.

Off-topic, but I would've been better off saying 'truth-stating' rather than 'fact-stating'. However, 'only facts are facts' is reductive thinking in this case because in conversational terms, fact and truth are used very interchangeably. In addition, facts don't have to be observable, hearable etc. If you ever have time, these two links make for very interesting reading (1, 2).

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Off-topic, but I would've been better off saying 'truth-stating' rather than 'fact-stating'. However, 'only facts are facts' is reductive thinking in this case because in conversational terms, fact and truth are used very interchangeably. In addition, facts don't have to be observable, hearable etc. If you ever have time, these two links make for very interesting reading (1, 2).

I'll read them both, thanks :cheers:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Lol Messi declining when 1month ago against Eibar he did one of his best dribbles ever, again last week against psg (unfortunately misfired after that), etc etc ..

He definitely needs to rest, though i'm surprised because he did during international break, but the things he usualy does easily seemed difficult, already a bit against Valencia, and even more today where he was so easily dispossessed by Verratti, and outrun by Dluiz..

However, I can't see when he will, no matter what we may think, he wants to score goals, and to do that he needs to play :/

raskolnikov

Yeah its stamina issues, Messi never had great stamina but nowadays he's gassed out quickly due to playing to much.

You can get by a player easily but if he catches up to you it would lead to nothing.

Im worried Messi's selfish decision to avoid resting will catch up to us in crucial games.

He has been poor sine after the city game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans