10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patty2720

Unavngivet.png

F

Flavia

After his recovery, Messi continues to work out several extra hours each day after training with physcial coach Paolorosso. [md]

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
doesn't he become overtrained this way ?

Probably not, team training is really a meticulous type of match preparation. Players don't do strictly physical work with the entire team, usually in small groups or with trainers. Training is never that rigorous, fitness exercise is.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Depends on what kind of work he's doing. He could very well just be doing endurance exercises and working on stretching for muscle elasticity and flexibility, to further reduce the chances of muscle injuries.

He's very clearly not only looking at the rest of the season for Barca, but also preparing for the WC. He's taking the WC very seriously it seems. I just hope the other Argentina players do the same, because despite all his preparation, Messi's going to need all other players performing well to have a shot.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Depends on what kind of work he's doing. He could very well just be doing endurance exercises and working on stretching for muscle elasticity and flexibility, to further reduce the chances of muscle injuries.

Off topic: If you don't mind me asking, are you some type of trainer or medical professional? Your posts relating to injuries/fitness of the players often have a lot of knowledge and insight so I'm a bit curious :p

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Off topic: If you don't mind me asking, are you some type of trainer or medical professional? Your posts relating to injuries/fitness of the players often have a lot of knowledge and insight so I'm a bit curious :p

:lol: I was premed in college for almost the entirety of the program before I decided while I liked the subject, I just wasn't cut for the long hours a doctor has to endure. I'm more than a bit lazy :lol: But I did part time as an assistant for 2 years in a physical therapy medical center owned by a relative.
I don't know even half of what there is to know, but I did see and help treat many injuries in that 2 year span. Mostly older people with bone and muscle injuries sustained in the silliest of circumstances, but we did get sports related injuries from time to time.

I guess old habits die hard :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans