10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
i would think about selling him too, tata has tried to build a team that doesn't rely on the best player ever and thus his return has unbalance the team and we will take away to adjust back to his presence in the team due to tata's tactics, so sell him.

Not you too! Or are you kidding? I can't tell.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I probably overreacted regarding Messi's performance yesterday.

On topic being discussed right now:

We lost against Ajax and Athletic without Messi. At that time people went rampant on how we sucks without Messi. Now that Messi is back and returning to fitness and we've had some poor results, people suddenly want Messi out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is where we should have started, and i have not said that we should sell him. I am saying it wouldnt be that bad as we think if we sell him. A big difference there

"It is not bad to sell him" -> it is good to sell him -> let's sell him!

Again, WHY do you think it is not bad to sell him? To get more money to buy players? At what cost? You think those players you named will take our club to new heights without Messi?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I probably overreacted regarding Messi's performance yesterday.

On topic being discussed right now:

We lost against Ajax and Athletic without Messi. At that time people went rampant on how we sucks without Messi. Now that Messi is back and returning to fitness and we've had some poor results, people suddenly want Messi out.

Exactly.

I really can't fathom why some people all of sudden turned their frustration on Messi after one defeat. He had a good game I thought. He certainly was not without problems (not mobile enough, poor off-the-ball movements and poor/unlucky finishing etc.), but those issues have been with him for a while. Why now? Is it because people think Messi is past his peak or something?

F

Flavia

Exactly.

I really can't fathom why some people all of sudden turned their frustration on Messi after one defeat. He had a good game I thought. He certainly was not without problems (not mobile enough, poor off-the-ball movements and poor/unlucky finishing etc.), but those issues have been with him for a while. Why now? Is it because people think Messi is past his peak or something?

Who knows. people love to complain and vent frustation at one player around here. Messi is often a target, so is alexis, pedro, pique, etc. They don't value him as he deserves.

Selling Messi would be really stupid. It'd strengthen immensely the team that'd get him. It would be a move to regret for a long time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Considering the fact that letting Thiago leave has turned out to be a disastrous decision(which many suspected it to be), I am not sure whether selling Messi is the right idea :lol:

Chainsaw

Killahead
What about Pazzini? An exchange with Milan could be the best solution. Or Balotelli. Both have similar characteristics, Messi and Balotelli. Both walk on the pitch and only score from the penalty spot.

NotInHere

We might not even win the league this year, but Leo is still a valuable piece to sell right now, but it doesn't sound so bad if we got many players in return... its actually quite tempting, but I doubt we'll get that many anyways.

Really simple, Leo 4 years from now will still be quite worth a lot barring injuries, that's when you sell him, when his older and less productive.

Last edited:

Messi_Goal

Tata needs to stop telling him to drop deep all the time and make sure there is a player in front of him to drag defenders away or play a one two with him..I supose he keeps dropping back all the time because Xavi can`t do his own job anymore.

CatalinR10

Tata needs to stop telling him to drop deep all the time and make sure there is a player in front of him to drag defenders away or play a one two with him..I supose he keeps dropping back all the time because Xavi can`t do his own job anymore.

If he doesn't drop deep he can't get the ball since he is surrounded by everyone . Tata just needs to put a striker in front of Messi, that's all. Still , the management is too dumb to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans