10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Bfdow4_CIAAP5sr.jpg:large

Messi

Lets think this through guys. If we were to sell Messi (forget for a moment that he want´s to stay) it would be to the likes of Bayern, City, PSG or Real (not very likely, but they certainly have the financial muscle.) Give hin a couple of months to regain his matchform and go into complete beastmode and any of those teams would immediatly be huge favorites in any clash with us. They would also gain a huge fanboy following, sell tons of merchandice etc. We would almost without a doubt lose ground to that club EVEN IF WE WERE TO MAINTAIN OUR LEVEL by replacing our best player ever with a bunch of Decent/good players. Messi + a strong team makes for a brilliant team, when he is in form! Period!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Lets think this through guys. If we were to sell Messi (forget for a moment that he want´s to stay) it would be to the likes of Bayern, City, PSG or Real (not very likely, but they certainly have the financial muscle.) Give hin a couple of months to regain his matchform and go into complete beastmode and any of those teams would immediatly be huge favorites in any clash with us. They would also gain a huge fanboy following, sell tons of merchandice etc. We would almost without a doubt lose ground to that club EVEN IF WE WERE TO MAINTAIN OUR LEVEL by replacing our best player ever with a bunch of Decent/good players. Messi + a strong team makes for a brilliant team, when he is in form! Period!

100% Agree. Also, if Barca were to sell Messi, we would need to change our usernames. :(

Kerrybai

Messi won't be going anywhere until he's in his mid 30's. The guy has the ability to play in midfield so when he loses his pace I fully expect him to continue in a withdrawn role. What a silly topic.

Alarcón

Hope Leo picks it up against La Real. He was dispossessed 9 times against Valencia. He's been improving since he returned from injury but still leaves something to be desired. Not worried though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We might not even win the league this year, but Leo is still a valuable piece to sell right now, but it doesn't sound so bad if we got many players in return... its actually quite tempting, but I doubt we'll get that many anyways.

Really simple, Leo 4 years from now will still be quite worth a lot barring injuries, that's when you sell him, when his older and less productive.

But why, why selling the best player we have, the best player in the world who can still produce and contribute a lot to our club, only to get cash to buy some players that (1) there is no guarantee that we will be getting no matter how much money we throw at their curren club, and (2) there is no guarantee that they will turn out to be good for us??

It just sounds so ridiculous. Plus Messi is an integral part of us, a Blaugrana icon, we should never sell him just to get some cash.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Exactly, selling Messi doesn't make any sense from any standpoint, whether be financial/business or athletic/sporting.

I can't believe we are actually talking about this. As if Messi turned 35 today. :lol:

Hope Leo picks it up against La Real. He was dispossessed 9 times against Valencia. He's been improving since he returned from injury but still leaves something to be desired. Not worried though.

But dispossessed 9 times is not the same as losing the ball 9 times without being interfered by an opposing player, right? Considering they mark him aggressively and close in on him as soon as he gets the ball inside the box, I think it is quite natural, no?

CatalinR10

Exactly, selling Messi doesn't make any sense from any standpoint, whether be financial/business or athletic/sporting.

I can't believe we are actually talking about this. As if Messi turned 35 today. :lol:

be prepared for this topic again when barca loses a game next time

Alarcón

But dispossessed 9 times is not the same as losing the ball 9 times without being interfered by an opposing player, right? Considering they mark him aggressively and close in on him as soon as he gets the ball inside the box, I think it is quite natural, no?

It is natural for him the lose the ball a few times considering he also dribbles a lot, but 9 times is too much. There were a few occasions yesterday where he could have passed the ball to a team member had he lifted his head. I think he's too fixated on scoring now that he's back from injury.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He needs to score a hat trick or a super hat trick to launch the beast mode.

I just hope certain members of this forum won't jinx him time and time again by saying he will score a hattrick right before a game. ;) Never were they correct, not even once. I think every single time someone said this Messi ended up not scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans