10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is natural for him the lose the ball a few times considering he also dribbles a lot, but 9 times is too much. There were a few occasions yesterday where he could have passed the ball to a team member had he lifted his head. I think he's too fixated on scoring now that he's back from injury.

Agreed. Sometimes he doesn't try enough, sometimes he tries too hard. When he finds the middle ground that's when are all happy. :p

Antimadridista1

I just hope certain members of this forum won't jinx him time and time again by saying he will score a hattrick right before a game. ;) Never were they correct, not even once. I think every single time someone said this Messi ended up not scoring.

You won't be able to stop the millions of people who expect the best player in the world to score a hat-trick.
I don't believe in "jinxing" ... It only depends him, that's the reason why he's the god of football.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi Tencent WB:

La Liga es muy larga y perder puntos los pierde cualquier equipo. Esto nos hara más fuertes./La Liga is very long, any team could lose points. This will make us stronger.

F

Flavia

"I have completely recovered from my injury"

www.fcbarcelona.cat
02/02/2014 22:24

The FC Barcelona forward admits that his recovery from injury wasn't easy and that now he's completely recovered mentally and physically

Leo Messi admitted this Sunday that “it was a very bad day” due to yesterday’s defeat to Valencia at the Camp Nou. The Argentinian added that he’s “content” with the fact that he’s back with the first team. “I’ve played a couple of games and I’m doing well mentally. It was tough when I picked up two consecutive injuries but today that’s all forgotten,” he explained.

“For me the most important thing is to win titles. I would like to win them with Barça and also the World Cup, that’s the dream of an entire country,” said Messi when asked what his goals are for 2014.

FC Barcelona’s No.10 was then asked how the first team dealt with Tito Vilanova’s illness: “It was very difficult for all of us. We were just coming off of the news about Abidal, which was a very hard blow. It was very complicated because the players loved and love Tito and Abidal – they are two spectacular people.”

Messi also talked about the team’s new manager, Gerardo Martino. For the forward, the Argentinian manager employs a different method than Guardiola and Vilanova: “Every manager has his way of doing things. We had Tito, who was similar to Guardiola because they had worked many years together and now, with Tata, who comes from a different place, the difference is noticeable. We prepare for games differently.”

The forward was clear when he was asked about the upcoming World Cup: “I hope Argentina can make it to the final. It would be a dream to play it.”
Against Brazil? “They have a great team. In addition to their individual players, they are a very solid group.”

NotInHere

But why, why selling the best player we have, the best player in the world who can still produce and contribute a lot to our club, only to get cash to buy some players that (1) there is no guarantee that we will be getting no matter how much money we throw at their curren club, and (2) there is no guarantee that they will turn out to be good for us??

It just sounds so ridiculous. Plus Messi is an integral part of us, a Blaugrana icon, we should never sell him just to get some cash.
That's why I said not right now, it'll be ridiculous to sell Leo right now while still in his prime, I mean later, when his past 30.. just imagine how much money he'll be worth then still just because of the name Messi, we'll sell him for the highest price :b and get a lot in return.

Didn't Leo say he was gonna retire in Argentina anyways?

F

Flavia

That's why I said not right now, it'll be ridiculous to sell Leo right now while still in his prime, I mean later, when his past 30.. just imagine how much money he'll be worth then still just because of the name Messi, we'll sell him for the highest price :b and get a lot in return.

Newell's will never have too much money to pay for him. And he wants to go there before retiring, to play like a year. Messi with 33, 34 will still be pretty good to have. His vision and passes are unreal.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Yes, but I believe by that he meant when he is really old, certain not at age 30. I do think though, that Messi needs to up his work rate when he transitions into a CAM for us.

I just don't want him to leave. He should retire here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans