10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Messi: "Winning a World Cup is a dream of a whole country. We've grown a lot, there are still some things left, but I think we'll be ready.

Messi: "Thiago is doing new things every day now, he's already walking, each day is a new adventure. It's a joy for the whole family."

CatalinR10

Lionel Messi has now given 149 assists in his career #fcblive 124 with Barcelona and 25 with Argentina [via @MessiStats]

Chainsaw

Killahead
I just hope certain members of this forum won't jinx him time and time again by saying he will score a hattrick right before a game. ;) Never were they correct, not even once. I think every single time someone said this Messi ended up not scoring.

He will score TWO hattrick next game!

[video]http://www.ole.com.ar/fuera-de-juego/Messi-ace-Federer_3_1077522260.html[/video]

Visca_Barca

Messi dosent play with heart anymore. I remember the 2007-2011 good ole messi, Messi used to be the guy that was smiling and motivating the whole team, running around the pitch like hell. Now, Messi plays with no expression, he stays in one place the whole game, barley hustles, and he never tries risky passes like the old messi that was the best in the world. Messi has become a lazy selfish celebrity and he just shows no attitude and energy.

L

linetty

Messi dosent play with heart anymore. I remember the 2007-2011 good ole messi, Messi used to be the guy that was smiling and motivating the whole team, running around the pitch like hell. Now, Messi plays with no expression, he stays in one place the whole game, barley hustles, and he never tries risky passes like the old messi that was the best in the world. Messi has become a lazy selfish celebrity and he just shows no attitude and energy.
I can't stand this bulls**t anymore! This "Messi is lazy" myth is driving me nuts!

89% pass accuracy, 9 dribbles won, 6 key passes, 3 shots on target, 1 goal, 1 assist and people still complaining! What the hell do you want from him?

serghei

I can't stand this bulls**t anymore! This "Messi is lazy" myth is driving me nuts!

89% pass accuracy, 9 dribbles won, 6 key passes, 3 shots on target, 1 goal, 1 assist and people still complaining! What the hell do you want from him?

A player usually runs 10-11 km per game at least. I'm curious to see Messi's stat vs Valencia. Couldn't be more than 5 by the looks of it. If that ain't lazy nothing is. Messi IS lazy, stats show it. Let's not sugarcoat everything about Messi just because he's the best in the world... please.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Messi never tries risky passes? Okay then. People really love to complain... sheesh.

F

Flavia

A player usually runs 10-11 km per game at least. I'm curious to see Messi's stat vs Valencia. Couldn't be more than 5 by the looks of it. If that ain't lazy nothing is. Messi IS lazy, stats show it. Let's not sugarcoat everything about Messi just because he's the best in the world... please.

This doesn't look lazy to me:

5a2lo9.jpg

Even more when compared to the other forwards, who supposedly run a lot every game:

90rkzp.jpg

2yn5jck.jpg

Source: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/23-2013/matches/707815/player-stats

Kerrybai

Why do you keep harping on about this like a broken record? Messi covers less ground than most players. Look at the champions league stats of distance covered, Messi has covered less distance than everyone else for years now. It doesn't mean he's lazy, when asked to play on the right vs Madrid he worked his ass off. If Tata wants him to play any differently then he'll speak with him. Messi isn't there to defend, he doesn't cover the ground of say cesc as he is not playing as a box to box midfielder. Unless you can show me that he is defying orders and not doing what is asked of him then you have basis for your repeated distain for him. A false 9 shouldn't be covering great distances, it's not his job.

Here are some stats regarding his work rate. http://www.barcelonafootballblog.co...mited-statistical-analysis-players-run-means/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans