10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
A player usually runs 10-11 km per game at least. I'm curious to see Messi's stat vs Valencia. Couldn't be more than 5 by the looks of it. If that ain't lazy nothing is. Messi IS lazy, stats show it. Let's not sugarcoat everything about Messi just because he's the best in the world... please.

You're wrong sir. Midfielders run that much per games. Fullbacks run that much per game. CBs and specially CF don't. Last I checked, Messi is neither a midfielder, nor a fullback. He doesn't need to run that much for the position he plays, and frankly, asking him to do so is foolish, ignorant and actually detrimental to the team.

A tired forward is a useless forward. When players get tired their movement is sluggish, touches get heavy and finishing becomes erratic. If you noticed, Barca needs Messi to have good offensive movement, an excellent touch and impeccable finishing. Demanding that Messi wastes his energy in extra movement and pressing that may or may not be productive, will inevitably mean a drop in efficiency in other areas that are entirely more needed and of which Messi is simply superior to anyone.

L

linetty

This doesn't look lazy to me:

5a2lo9.jpg

Even more when compared to the other forwards, who supposedly run a lot every game:

90rkzp.jpg

2yn5jck.jpg

Source: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/23-2013/matches/707815/player-stats
Yeah, Messi is lazy, of course.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Those screenshot aren't about the "lazyness", they show how much Messi is involved in our play, and Alexis and Pedro aren't. I do believe Messi runs only 5-6 km per game, that's really low.

F

Flavia

You're wrong sir. Midfielders run that much per games. Fullbacks run that much per game. CBs and specially CF don't. Last I checked, Messi is neither a midfielder, nor a fullback. He doesn't need to run that much for the position he plays, and frankly, asking him to do so is foolish, ignorant and actually detrimental to the team.

A tired forward is a useless forward. When players get tired their movement is sluggish, touches get heavy and finishing becomes erratic. If you noticed, Barca needs Messi to have good offensive movement, an excellent touch and impeccable finishing. Demanding that Messi wastes his energy in extra movement and pressing that may or may not be productive, will inevitably mean a drop in efficiency in other areas that are entirely more needed and of which Messi is simply superior to anyone.

Still baffles me people think that running like a headless chicken all game makes a player any better. Or like to compare ribery(a winger) to Messi. Their roles are completely different.
And while I think Messi can improve his off the ball movement, he had injuries that hampered him completely last year. I'm sure he still worries a bit about them.

It's really sad some fans demand world class displays from him every game, or treat him like a commodity, to be traded by money and buy this or that.

Those screenshot aren't about the "lazyness", they show how much Messi is involved in our play, and Alexis and Pedro aren't. I do believe Messi runs only 5-6 km per game, that's really low.

If he's getting involved, how is he lazy? We don't even know what Tata tells him to do. And he does what he is told to do, as he has showed this time and again.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Still baffles me people think that running like a headless chicken all game makes a player any better. Or like to compare ribery(a winger) to Messi. Their roles are completely different.
And while I think Messi can improve his off the ball movement, he had injuries that hampered him completely last year. I'm sure he still worries a bit about them.
It's really sad some fans demand world class displays from him every game, or treat him like a commodity, to be traded by money and buy this or that.

If he's getting involved, how is he lazy? We don't even know what Tata tells him to do. And he does what he is told to do, as he has showed this time and again.

The irrational behavior and unrealistic expectations of a spoiled fanbase.

L

linetty

Just shows how intelligent Messi is. He doesn't need to run a dozen of miles to make an huge impact on the game. If he can save his energy and still be as effective as before - what is there to complain about?

Kerrybai

I believe he runs about 8 per game while the average forward does about 10.5. But Messi isn't the average forward. His output per minute ran is extraordinaryly high, so the question is would his output increase or decrease if he ran more? I think we should let our coach make that call. It's silly for people to act like they know any better.

NotInHere

Messi dosent play with heart anymore. I remember the 2007-2011 good ole messi, Messi used to be the guy that was smiling and motivating the whole team, running around the pitch like hell. Now, Messi plays with no expression, he stays in one place the whole game, barley hustles, and he never tries risky passes like the old messi that was the best in the world. Messi has become a lazy selfish celebrity and he just shows no attitude and energy.
I wouldn't say he doesn't play with heart, I saw a Messi trying to will his team to victory against Valencia, when a player doesn't play with heart, he or she is happy with losing and does not try at all. Agree, Leo was something else back then, you could say still now but you'd be fooling yourself if you think anywhere near his level from seasons ago. My favorite one was the 09 one.... that Leo gave it his all.

I think its time to accept the new Leo.

CatalinR10

Messi with shirt he received from Pele .

"For Messi, with admiration, from your friend"

BfjnzKqCMAASmqr.jpg

,, with admiration " ,,friend "

RRnhhqW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans