10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

just to name one: Figo....dont act like you know it all dude

Figo was trashed and forced out?

He wasnt at all.

I am not acting like I know it all but am repsonding to someone who is making up elaborate stories about Nike and Rosell forcing Messi out. I am arhuing against that as it makes no sense whatsoever.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
just to name one: Figo....dont act like you know it all dude

How about Maradona, Ronaldo, Laudrup, Figo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Eto'O as well?

It's only feels patronising because you're consistently wrong, try being right or making comments with logical supporting arguments...Just arguing to argue doesn't make it logical

JamDav1982

How about Maradona, Ronaldo, Laudrup, Figo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Eto'O as well?

It's only feels patronising because you're consistently wrong, try being right or making comments with logical supporting arguments...Just arguing to argue doesn't make it logical

Haha, so you are saying Pep trashed and forced out Etoo and Ronaldinho as it was he that said they had to go and that happened under the much heralded Laporta.

So basically you are saying we are returning to the dark days of Laporta? You have changed your tune.

I am always wrong?

You are just clearly making things up like Nike through Rosell getting Messi out the club.

Just about every debate you enter you come up with wild theories with no basis.

NotInHere

Kinda funny you mention the word "logic" and on one of your previous post, you call out newer fans, "bandwagoners" when that was totally uncalled for.

the only logical response to that is that everyone is as deserving as you on following this club, you might know past history, but that doesn't make you the voice of persons who enjoy watching this team play.

Stric

You know shit's going down when there's problems WITHIN the club itself. Especially when it goes public, it's nothing less than a disaster. This is absolutely impermissible.

JamDav1982

You know shit's going down when there's problems WITHIN the club itself. Especially when it goes public, it's nothing less than a disaster. This is absolutely impermissible.

Perhaps but people often hold up the Laporta era but in his time there was so much in fighting that he faced a vote of no confidence and members of the board left on mass because of his behaviour.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The part where Messi essentially calls Faus incompetent and directly says the best club in the world deserves better directors???

I don't get why this means he hates the board though; it's one guy who Messi has a problem with, I've thought he's always been supportive of the board overall. How is Rosell supposed to control what Faus does or doesn't say? The only serious problem I can see is the lack of club statement, but I'm 100% confident they're discussing this matter behind closed doors. There is no way they would try to force Messi out of the club, that's such a ridiculous notion and would make no sense for them to do.

Irish_Cules

I don't get why this means he hates the board though; it's one guy who Messi has a problem with, I've thought he's always been supportive of the board overall. How is Rosell supposed to control what Faus does or doesn't say? The only serious problem I can see is the lack of club statement, but I'm 100% confident they're discussing this matter behind closed doors. There is no way they would try to force Messi out of the club, that's such a ridiculous notion and would make no sense for them to do.

There's been reports of Messi being upset with them for not supporting him enough during the whole scandal with his father. Messi wouldn't come out like this if this was an isolated case of one idiot mouthing off. It's obviously being brewing for some time.

JamDav1982

There's been reports of Messi being upset with them for not supporting him enough during the whole scandal with his father. Messi wouldn't come out like this if this was an isolated case of one idiot mouthing off. It's obviously being brewing for some time.

The club came out at the time and made a statement saying that Messi had their full support during the tax case issue what more do you expect them to do than that?

'Reports' come out all the time. People on here tend to believe the ones that suit their arguments and totally dimiss the press when they dont.

Messi is getting fed up by all the bad press he is getting, but he is not helping either.
From what I have read Faus made a generic statement saying that one who signed a contract 6 months ago shouldn't ask for a new one. And it is hard to argue against that.
Of course under the circumstances Messi was a target and Faus' comment is clumsy at best, but if he truly didn't ask for a new contract, then he should not have reacted this way, and in public too. Bottomline Faus was seriously humiliated by Messi in the media and the club is in turmoil. I don't see things as black and white here.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't understand why everyone's assuming Messi is just striking back at that one comment. Regardless of the fact that it was snarky (sarcastically calling messi this man), there has to have been some other issues under the radar that triggered Messi's reaction.

On the other hand, you can't consider Messi blameless. Striking out is never the best reaction.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Messi wouldn't come out like this if this was an isolated case of one idiot mouthing off.

I don't see why not. If someone called me greedy and had been great to me beforehand, I'd still be pissed at them for doing that. In fact, I might even be more pissed, just because it would be unexpected.

F

Flavia

I don't understand why everyone's assuming Messi is just striking back at that one comment. Regardless of the fact that it was snarky (sarcastically calling messi this man), there has to have been some other issues under the radar that triggered Messi's reaction.

On the other hand, you can't consider Messi blameless. Striking out is never the best reaction.

He's been under a lot of pressure. The tax fraud affair, injuries, and to complete, a member of the board lashing out at him. It'd be surprising if he didn't say something.

I can't back it up because I don't remember where I read it, but it seems Messi and faus also don't like each oter very much, they have been in disagreement before.

Theconomist

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but selling Messi for an insane amount wouldn't be against the Rosell philosophy: his contrat does cost a lot and the team will manage CL quarters at least each year without him which means good revenue. Plus his sale at his prime means they'll get an INSANE cash boost. It really wouldn't be the ''craziest'' idea out there. It's not like Barcelona is Messi.
I'm not saying it's a good idea, just saying it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans