10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

I feel both of them are wrong, Faus for not protecting Messi more and saying stupid things and Messi for openly making a fus about it rather than internally

F

Flavia

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but selling Messi for an insane amount wouldn't be against the Rosell philosophy: his contrat does cost a lot and the team will manage CL quarters at least each year without him which means good revenue. Plus his sale at his prime means they'll get an INSANE cash boost. It really wouldn't be the ''craziest'' idea out there. It's not like Barcelona is Messi.
I'm not saying it's a good idea, just saying it's possible.

It's possible, but it is the craziest idea. You don't sell the best player ever, for any reason. You just don't. Even more because of a new stadium.

raskolnikov

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but selling Messi for an insane amount wouldn't be against the Rosell philosophy: his contrat does cost a lot and the team will manage CL quarters at least each year without him which means good revenue. Plus his sale at his prime means they'll get an INSANE cash boost. It really wouldn't be the ''craziest'' idea out there. It's not like Barcelona is Messi.
I'm not saying it's a good idea, just saying it's possible.
I feel you make more money of Messi by having him for 8 more additional years rather than selling him now for 250.

BarcaGirl

I'm glad Messi lashed out at this idiot. You don't treat your best player this way. Since Pep left the club it has gone for bad to worse. Also, as much as it hurts to say this, but if Leo doesn't feel happy or not enough protected by the club, he really should leave for his own sake. Maybe he needs a new start somewhere else.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I'm glad Messi lashed out at this idiot. You don't treat your best player this way. Since Pep left the club it has gone for bad to worse. Also, as much as it hurts to say this, but if Leo doesn't feel happy or not enough protected by the club, he really should leave for his own sake. Maybe he needs a new start somewhere else.

He gets protected by the club all the time and every day someone is saying he is the best player in the world.

Only last year Ronaldo was bleeting at his club as the way he was treated compared to Messi.

This seems much more like an isolated incident that was handled poorly by a board member.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I feel both of them are wrong, Faus for not protecting Messi more and saying stupid things and Messi for openly making a fus about it rather than internally

Even though Messi could have reacted more wisely, there's a difference between a player saying something and the club's vice president saying something. Messi's reaction, for me, is comprehensible, while Faus' is not, especially considering his position.

F

Flavia

He gets protected by the club all the time and every day someone is saying he is the best player in the world.

Only last year Ronaldo was bleeting at his club as the way he was treated compared to Messi.

This seems much more like an isolated incident that was handled poorly by a board member.

Yeah, this time I agree with Jamdav. The way Messi complained kinda show his respect for the club: "Barca is the best team in the world, and deserves to be represented by the best directors".

Even though Messi could have reacted more wisely, there's a difference between a player saying something and the club's vice president saying something. Messi's reaction, for me, is comprehensible, while Faus' is not, especially considering his position.

But is the content of what Messi said comprehensible to you ? The fact that he was wronged first doesn't warrant his reaction. I personnally gladly forgive Messi and all, but it's hard to justify the violence of his reaction

F

Flavia

But is the content of what Messi said comprehensible to you ? The fact that he was wronged first doesn't warrant his reaction. I personnally gladly forgive Messi and all, but it's hard to justify the violence of his reaction

What violence? He was portrayed as greedy by Faus, and he was also called "este señor", which is a disrespectful remark, full of disdain...

suckabov

Lemon curry?

I actually agree with what he said (not sure about the "knows nothing about barcelona" part, but the rest, certainly), so I think he was just being honest. It's not uber-polite, but it's more or less how it is. That's why I said he could have reacted more wisely, namely by making a more harmless statement. Is what he said comprehensible? Yes, it is. I don't see anything violent about it either, he didn't insult Faus. Also Faus was the one who talked about Messi in a "derogatory" way.

Also, is your avatar from monty python's philosophy football? :lol: I never recognized that until now. My favourite monty python sketch.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

But at what expense? Messi may dislike the Barca board, but honestly he should know with Barca, the players he grew up with, the system and style he is familiar with, he is most likely to continue his success and winning record. Going to another team, in a brand new league and country will make everything harder, at least initially. Will he be comfortable with the much quicker, physical style in the EPL? Plus, people value club loyalty a lot. Players like Xavi, Schweinsteiger who spent their entire career with their home club are much more respected and revered.

Also, how will that make us Barca fans feel though? Will we continue to support him when he no longer wears Blaugrana?

I for one will be extremely devastated if he does leave. On the NT level, I will support him wholeheartedly as I used to; on the club level I wish him well, but certainly will not wish him well whenever he plays against us.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
We would all be devastated... But there's no reason (yet) to think about what happens when he's left. He probably won't.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

The reaction is entirely comprehensible. It is not far fetched at all for Messi to interpret Faus' words as an unwarranted and unfounded personal attack coming from the very source he would least expect it. Amidst the avalanche of garbage Messi has had to endure this year, something like this coming from your very own people feels like a cowardly betrayal.

I personally would have snapped worse and sooner.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

It was a calculated statement from Messi, not for the purpose of lashing out in a reactive and petty way. He had to do something when a board member that's supposed to back him up intentionally created a problem out of thin air and added more to Messi's already filled plate of media torment. First clearing his own name and defending himself, then reversing it back to the instigator to show that whatever criticism he gets is from a man who's in no position to be making those sort of comments.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I for one will be extremely devastated if he does leave. On the NT level, I will support him wholeheartedly as I used to; on the club level I wish him well, but certainly will not wish him well whenever he plays against us.

Why though? You're a Bayern fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans