10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

For you guys who visit Madrid's forum , does Ronaldo get so much blame whenever he doesn't reach the fans expectations during a game ?

NotInHere

For you guys who visit Madrid's forum , does Ronaldo get so much blame whenever he doesn't reach the fans expectations during a game ?
and that is your problem, comparing Ronaldo with someone like Leo who we know has more attributes to his game than Ronaldo could ever dream of, so we have higher standards.

We praise Leo when he plays excellent, but he can be criticize when he isn't. Fact is, Leo is not playing up to his standards, I have no idea why some people find this so hard to admit.

CatalinR10

and that is your problem, comparing Ronaldo with someone like Leo who we know has more attributes to his game than Ronaldo could ever dream of, so we have higher standards.

We praise Leo when he plays excellent, but he can be criticize when he isn't. Fact is, Leo is not playing up to his standards, I have no idea why some people find this so hard to admit.

And what are those standards exactly ? I see you're new around here and I don't know for how long you've followed this forum but just so you know , when he scored 91 goals in a year , people were saying the same things..... ,,he is lazy but oh well....he scored 2-3 goals " . I mean , Jesus Christ what's with these high expectations of him , especialy when he returned from injury ( I don't think he healed 100% mentally ) and the World Cup it's on it's way. Why don't people understand that Messi steps it up in the second part of the season , march-april-may , since he always done it in the last seasons. I'm really not bothered by these kind of performances , he's already won it all with the club and maybe isn't as motivated as before because of this fact but I think he will unleash ultimate beast mode during the World Cup. It's all he wants and the only thing that's missing from him. After the world cup people should decide if he passed his peak , not every time Barca has a bad game.

So he has like 11 goals and 7 assists in the last month and a half since he returned from a 2 month break while some of those goals were godlike and people begin to say he's passed his peak bla bla .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's not 100% yet. Be it mentally for fear of gettin injured again and missing the wc. But in the past he had way more space. To create that space I don't think the false 9 works anymore. It's not working right now, anyway.

But is it really? Before he broke the goal drought not too long ago, we saw him trying really hard without reserving much, so I'd think physically he is probably able to put in the same level of efforts every game nowadays.

Last year, prior to him getting injured, I remember seeing him being inconsistent in terms of the level of engagement/involvement/motivation, in some games he was fired up, but in some other games he seemed to be withdrawn and unmotivated. No rhyme or reason. I just can't put my fingers on why.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Stop kneejerking after every game. You write exactly that after every so-so came but seem to forget it once he performs well.

That is not a kneejerking reaction. I don't think Messi's magic is gone, far from it, he can still awe us so much with what he is able to do; however, even good performances nowadays can't mask the reality that his game has changed (or his level of involvement has changed) quite a bit over the years that it is unlikely to witness the 09-10, 11-12 Messi again.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
What is this ´+´ thing about? Is it some kind of a forum slang?

It means that person is agreeing with the quoted forum post, the number corresponds to the number of people that posted they agreed with it via a "+ thing".

CatalinR10

and a dislike button so we can get rid of those so called trolls

don't worry about that

t3eeb29_sharpening-my-knife.gif

NotInHere

And what are those standards exactly ? I see you're new around here and I don't know for how long you've followed this forum but just so you know , when he scored 91 goals in a year , people were saying the same things..... ,,he is lazy but oh well....he scored 2-3 goals " . I mean , Jesus Christ what's with these high expectations of him , especialy when he returned from injury ( I don't think he healed 100% mentally ) and the World Cup it's on it's way. Why don't people understand that Messi steps it up in the second part of the season , march-april-may , since he always done it in the last seasons. I'm really not bothered by these kind of performances , he's already won it all with the club and maybe isn't as motivated as before because of this fact but I think he will unleash ultimate beast mode during the World Cup. It's all he wants and the only thing that's missing from him. After the world cup people should decide if he passed his peak , not every time Barca has a bad game.

So he has like 11 goals and 7 assists in the last month and a half since he returned from a 2 month break while some of those goals were godlike and people begin to say he's passed his peak bla bla .
I remember anticipating his return like no other really, I remember him warming up against Getafe, everyone in the Camp Nou roaring as soon as they saw Leo approaching the sidelines to play once again, he put his mark in that game, within just 10 minutes, he showed me and everyone else that he was back, with his spectacular runs and mesmerizing dribbling, asking for the ball, and it was his first game back, which made it more spectacular, so all this talk about still not being 100% is pointless, because in that game, we saw the old Leo as soon as he came in.

He isn't passed his peak, but we wouldn't be having this discussion if he was playing with intensity each game, would we? I don't really know what's gotten into to him really, only 26 and playing like if he was on his mid 30's. He can still do it, I don't doubt it for a second, but now better then ever, we need him.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
That is not a kneejerking reaction. I don't think Messi's magic is gone, far from it, he can still awe us so much with what he is able to do; however, even good performances nowadays can't mask the reality that his game has changed (or his level of involvement has changed) quite a bit over the years that it is unlikely to witness the 09-10, 11-12 Messi again.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

Repeating things doesn't make them truer. How is it 'unlikely'? Are you basing that on evidence, an analysis of his game? Is there a detectable trend the development of which you can predict? Other than "he has lost his magic" (how is magic defined?)? If you weren't kneejerking, you would argue the same thing regardless of his performances and not always directly after a bad game. Or then you'd write 'this performance again has shown my idea that...' and not something that suggests the idea just entered your head.

Had Ronaldo scored the goal Messi scored, you'd say, "You just have to give him credit for how consistently he scores. He does deserve the ballon d'or".

Less gloom, more perspective please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans