10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RandomGuy80

I don`t see Argentina making an impact at WC with this defence. Sorry for Messi... :(

True!...im not from Argentina but i would love to see our hero rising the wc trophy in the air..but i highly doubt Argentina will make it far...football has changed a lot from maradona and pele era..no player can win a game on his own anymore..but if messi would step his effort up and give his all they might have a chance..we all know what messi is capable of, he just needs to work hard.

NotInHere

I don`t see Argentina making an impact at WC with this defence. Sorry for Messi... :(
Crazy part is that he had the chance to play for spain instead but chose Argentina, Argentina fans are overall too critical of him sometimes, he doesn't really deserve all of that. Imagine Leo in this Spain squad:tata1:

Qonny

Crazy part is that he had the chance to play for spain instead but chose Argentina, Argentina fans are overall too critical of him sometimes, he doesn't really deserve all of that. Imagine Leo in this Spain squad:tata1:

Glad he didn't. This whole "playing for a nation that is not your real nationality" thing is something I don't like. Seeing costa in a Spain shirt felt really strange and awkward for some reason.

NotInHere

He is not at 100% but people are really requiring too much from him, he just had the best February of his carrer
Requiring too much of him? Please, there's never asking too much when it comes to Leo, everyone wants to see him perform like he used to.

Also, what worries me is that everyone was hoping for Leo to be close to 100% against the Man City game, were now in march.... and his still not 100%?

Ritchie

Glad he didn't. This whole "playing for a nation that is not your real nationality" thing is something I don't like. Seeing costa in a Spain shirt felt really strange and awkward for some reason.

Kubala and Di Stefano played for Spain.

MessiNeymar

Too much shit involving Messi as fucking always

the Man city rumours that never fucking go away

The contract talks that have not gone away since start of season

him being "out of form"

and now his "Illnesss"

jesus christ I wish the people would let the guy be, he has done everything for this club so far and will continue to do so but people are so fucking ruthless on him its unbelievable. The guy is human and we all know that but he is still the best player to ever put on the Barca shirt and has always put his heart out for the team.

Now he is having a little hard time and rumours and shit is coming but we all know the Messi we love is a quiet man who just wants to play football but it obviously gets to him as we saw out of his reaction when he scored the a few weeks ago and was full of emotion.

Visca el Barca y Visca messi

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Do you guys remember two seasons ago when he was scoring at least a hat-trick and a super hat-trick in every Liga match (during the second part of the season) ? At this moment he was at the top of his career so far, with a lot of hunger and desire to show that he's the best in the world. He doesn't show the same hunger anymore but he's still the best in the world. It shows how good he is and how good he was.

Scoring a hattrick almost every game or so is an anomaly, no matter how good you are, even if you are Messi, it is simply not sustainable. So his failure to match that kind of record he had in the past does not and should not necessarily trigger the alarm bells to ring. If you think about it, it is either our opponents are getting better at defending against him and marking him, or he has declined, or both. I think two things are pretty clear, (1) he is quite cautious and reserved given that the WC is less than 3 months away and (2) Messi has still got it, the magic, the abilities to do it all over again. The only difference could be that he has slowed down a bit.

I personally think our opponents have become much better defending against Messi and our team, coupled with Messi being quite reserved and cautious, explains why we don't see those monstrous numbers he had before.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I wonder why the Argentina fans are critical of him? What did he do to upset them?

L

linetty

Most dribbles in Europe's top 5 leagues in 2014: Brahimi 51 - Messi 40 - Hazard 39 - Alcantara Gotze Raffael 38 [via @whoscored]

Henry_IB

Banned

The whole notion of nationality based on where you were born is stupid. If you feel you identify more strongly to other cultures (nations if you'd like) than your own I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to represent what you yourself feel is home.

As long as there are restrictions so you can't swap too easily (which there are, most countries require 4-5 years of residency before you're granted citizenship) I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this, unless you're one of those people who proud themselves over what country they are born in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans