10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Do you honestly think this is Messi at 100%? When did u start watching him, few months ago?

I didn´t say he was at 100% of his all time best. He isn´t! But to say he doesn´t care, doesn´t try, only gives a damn about the WC or whatever is far beyond saying that he still lacks a little edge compared to before his injuries.

Gnidrologist

The whole notion of nationality based on where you were born is stupid. If you feel you identify more strongly to other cultures (nations if you'd like) than your own I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to represent what you yourself feel is home.

As long as there are restrictions so you can't swap too easily (which there are, most countries require 4-5 years of residency before you're granted citizenship) I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this, unless you're one of those people who proud themselves over what country they are born in.
It's bad for footballing reasons alone and we have already seen that in club football. In the past it was always interesting watching the clash of radically different football cultures. Now with ethnic melting pot mishmash in almost every club, especially the big ones, where you sometimes see players from 11 different nations (except the host) in the staring lineup is one of the many reasons why i have been less and less interested in club football overall in the recent years. Wouldn't like to see the same happen to nationals, where world cups and euros would be simply tournaments between randomly chosen rosters from the pool of world's best players.
Excuse the offtopic.

Pepe Silvia

You can still pick and choose your moments and jog at the very least. I don't think he fully appreciates how upset fans get when we see him strolling around. Muscle problems or not, your the #1 footballer on the planet, and people expect a certain level of effort. The idea of his teammates picking up his slack is bothersome to me and others. He can maintain a degree of effort and still have enough left in the tank for WC like everyone else. To be honest, after what I saw with the friendlies the Argies look to be in for a rude awakening come summer. I'd love for him to win it all, and I will actually be rooting for them to win it for him alone, but honestly they kinda look dazed and confused out there.

Gaudi

Croatian media are writing about Messi vomiting and they quotte his words saying he admits he throws up a lot, even at home, he takes pills before games but sometimes it's not enough, apparently he went through medical tests and they showed nothing.

Paganinisrvnge

Not a bad performance but not vintage Messi. It's become clear that he can't play at his GOAT level when everyone else on the team is abysmal. Neymar and Cesc were great in the first half of the season and disappeared. Xavi only has a great performance once every like 10 matches. Busquets having the worst season of his career. Iniesta and Pique the only ones playing fairly well recently. Alexis and Pedro had a great run and then disappeared when Messi came back.

I don't understand it. On paper, Barcelona should have the best attack in the world but instead they make Vallalodid look like one of the top 5 defenses in the world.

messid10s

He was by far our best forward today the only one who looked like he could score. We had a completely non-existent midfield today so not many chances created oh to still have Thiago

Flavius

Pathetic game from all, and from Messi too, let`s be serious. Enough with the not 100% thing, we are in march and we need him to win (if we and them want) trophies.

Ghost

It doesn't matter if he was our best player. All of them sucked. This isn't the real Messi... Just isn't him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans