10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

I don't. I think he has became the kind of player who takes everything for granted. Barca's problem is his problem too.

He vomits a lot lately . When I was in the stands when he played against Romania he was spitting every 2 minutes. I refuse to think Messi doesn't care anymore and takes everything for granted . It's not his type.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He vomits a lot lately . When I was in the stands when he played against Romania he was spitting every 2 minutes. I refuse to think Messi doesn't care anymore and takes everything for granted . It's not his type.

Messi has been like this all the time. I was at the Club World Cup in 2009 and it was the same thing, spitting all the time. His vomiting is not recent either, and anyway there's only one recent example and that's the midweek game vs Romania.

F

Flavia

He tried. But there's so much he can do when the tactics are wrong, and the team is playing badly. I don't think even his 2012 scoring form would be of much help right now.

Kerrybai

Our forward line can't produce without a solid midfield spine to support them. Messi was the best of a poor bunch up front and as always looks dangerous. The team needs to have a good hard look at themselves to try and salvage this season.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He was far away the best player for us, but no I don't think he tried like he can. What he did in early 2012, that was trying. Obviously can't expect him to do that all the time but his body language (and that of the team) is entirely negative.

Oh, and Pique-Masch were very good too.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
It says a lot about Barca fans, when a game is lost, everyone rushes to Messi's thread. Wake up people, Messi isn't a God, and he isn't the answer to FCB's problems.

footyfan

Calma, calma
It says a lot about the team, that Barca fans expect so much from Messi and Messi only. There is not enough confidence in the rest of the team and that's the team's fault.

L

linetty

What could he do? He was the only goal threat today, tried to play one-touch passing game but Cesc, Xavi, Busi, Neymar were all terrible today

The game was so slow, it was the midfield that failed again in my opinion. As against Sociedad, we could not get easily from defence to attack because of many misplaced passes and poor touches. We clearly missed Iniesta. How could we do anything with all three midfielders underperforming?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not a bad performance but not vintage Messi. It's become clear that he can't play at his GOAT level when everyone else on the team is abysmal. Neymar and Cesc were great in the first half of the season and disappeared. Xavi only has a great performance once every like 10 matches. Busquets having the worst season of his career. Iniesta and Pique the only ones playing fairly well recently. Alexis and Pedro had a great run and then disappeared when Messi came back.

This is what the haters and doubters have been saying though, that Messi relies on others to play good in order to be good, that he was only that good because he was playing with the best bunch of players in the world, whereas players like Ibra and Ronaldo etc. don't rely on anybody to be good. :facepalm:

Kerrybai

This is what the haters and doubters have been saying though, that Messi relies on others to play good in order to be good, that he was only that good because he was playing with the best bunch of players in the world, whereas players like Ibra and Ronaldo etc. don't rely on anybody to be good. :facepalm:

Don't mind them man, most people who spout such crap are young kids and teenagers.

But we said NeyMessi should work so good and it did for a couple of games, now it more seams as if they where playing on different pitches...

F

Flavia

Why do you care so much about what other people say? They say it no matter what. Messi won la liga almost on his own last season. How many players do that?

Messi doesn't need others to be good. He was the sole threat the few times he could today. but he is not in his beast mode, and something is now clearly wrong in the dressing room. All players are affected.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Whoever says that is garbage. Ronaldo is one of the most parasitic players I've ever seen. He creates nothing (creates is different from provides so don't bring up assist stats) for his team and goes on his usually 7 shot per game average to get his goal per game.

It's not that Messi relies on service to perform, it's that he (like any other player) needs to be within a good environment and system to do his work. Ronaldo has that all the time at Madrid, even for all the deficiencies they've shown in recent years they still have a system that benefits their attacking players. Messi has had to try to trudge through our regular systemic collapse for almost 3 seasons now.

xxxxxx

It says a lot about Barca fans, when a game is lost, everyone rushes to Messi's thread. Wake up people, Messi isn't a God, and he isn't the answer to FCB's problems.

Spot on.

The problems have been there for a few years now.... we should be thankful Messi can do the things he can do to help the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans