10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is two sides to the Messi debate, correctly he cant do it all by himself, but on the other side he doesnt seem as good as he did a couple of years ago and he is only 26.
Granted that might be due to not being 100% inspired or due to Tata or illness etc. But the fact remains it isnt the old Messi of Before (he is still the best though).

xxxxxx

I think there is two sides to the Messi debate, correctly he cant do it all by himself, but on the other side he doesnt seem as good as he did a couple of years ago and he is only 26.
Granted that might be due to not being 100% inspired or due to Tata or illness etc. But the fact remains it isnt the old Messi of Before (he is still the best though).

You also thought that could be down to the team around him aging and declining?

R

RandomGuy80

How can you say he is still the best after you see him doing less every single game..he definately is not the only reason why we are so bad atm, its the whole team and the coach, but still saying he is the best is just stupid..we are all barca and messifans but fact is right now barca and messi are not the best!..as much as i hate penaldo but i have to admit that he is way better atm..he runs more shows more will to fight and gives all he has to win a game and make goals.

You also thought that could be down to the team around him aging and declining?
Yes of course, as i said he cant do Everything on his own, players aging, Young players not being good enough, a limited way of playing of football with very little of the ball movement Everything adds up to a weakened team in which Messi dont flourish, he still saves out butt every other game but he as a player was better (or Another type of player) a couple of years ago.

Kerrybai

How can you say he is still the best after you see him doing less every single game..he definately is not the only reason why we are so bad atm, its the whole team and the coach, but still saying he is the best is just stupid..we are all barca and messifans but fact is right now barca and messi are not the best!..as much as i hate penaldo but i have to admit that he is way better atm..he runs more shows more will to fight and gives all he has to win a game and make goals.

Hea still the best for me and many other people. It's not all about goals.

I dont agree, i still Thinks Messi brings more to the table than Ronaldo. I do however Think that Ronaldo is playing for a better team.

xxxxxx

Yes of course, as i said he cant do Everything on his own, players aging, Young players not being good enough, a limited way of playing of football with very little of the ball movement Everything adds up to a weakened team in which Messi dont flourish, he still saves out butt every other game but he as a player was better (or Another type of player) a couple of years ago.

And you're saying Ronaldo is way better at the moment.... that's because he plays in a much better team, with a much better manager, in a system that benefits him.

You can say Messi isn't the same player of 2 years ago, but he's playing in a team who hasn't got a stable manager, a stable board, average players.... bar a few players. There's a number of factors, and I don't think it's down to him not putting in the energy. I think it's ridiculous people come to this thread everytime we lose one game.

Last edited:
R

RandomGuy80

I dont agree, i still Thinks Messi brings more to the table than Ronaldo. I do however Think that Ronaldo is playing for a better team.

He brings more on the table yes..but he doesnt make much out of it nowadays..you cant expect him to win a game on his own when the rest fucks up but his attitude when we are loosing is just not oldmessiworthy..he shows no hunger and no passion..no pressing and and and..i still love him though but he just isnt the best atm..i hope the ppl around him dont say the same shit to him and keep only praising him..critic must be told where its needed if you want to improve..and even he can and must improve!

And you're saying Ronaldo is way better at the moment.... that's because he plays in a much better team, with a much better manager, in a system that benefits him.
What?? no i Think Messi is better but i do Think Ronaldo is playing in a better team, look what i wrote...

You can say Messi isn't the same player of 2 years ago, because he's playing in a team who hasn't got a stable manager, a stable board, average players.... bar a few players. There's a number of factors, and I don't think it's down to him not putting in the energy. I think it's ridiculous people come to this thread everytime we lose one game.
Yes , the team isnt as good and Messi isnt either, maybe he would be with a different manager in a different system.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I think you guys are confusing with two different things: (1) the best player in the world and (2) the player who currently plays the best/has the best form. Messi is undoubtedly the best player in the world, I think most people'd agree. However, he is clearly not the player who currently plays the best, neither is Ronaldo in my opinion. IMHO Suarez and Ibra are better than them currently.

He brings more on the table yes..but he doesnt make much out of it nowadays..you cant expect him to win a game on his own when the rest fucks up but his attitude when we are loosing is just not oldmessiworthy..he shows no hunger and no passion..no pressing and and and..i still love him though but he just isnt the best atm..i hope the ppl around him dont say the same shit to him and keep only praising him..critic must be told where its needed if you want to improve..and even he can and must improve!

I agree with Everything excepts i still Think he is the best, maybe its nostalgia , i dont know but he still continuesly get us out of games we would have lost. I Think no other player in any other team is so important to his team as Messi is to Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans