10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
To this point I have refused to believe all kinds of weird theories, but I'm starting to think he might be focused on the WC...

XXXX and Flavia, true of course which was one of my Points from the beginning (although maybe not so clear). Separate team and player for a minute, do you still Think he is as good as he was a couple of years ago? maybe its just my memory of him but he seemed much more energetic, speedier, better ballcontroll then than he does now.
Maybe its just me relived to many highlights of the glory Days on youtube :lol:

F

Flavia

XXXX and Flavia, true of course which was one of my Points from the beginning (although maybe not so clear). Separate team and player for a minute, do you still Think he is as good as he was a couple of years ago? maybe its just my memory of him but he seemed much more energetic, speedier, better ballcontroll then than he does now.

He's not in his best form now. But he hasn't lost his pace, showed it today. Before he got injured again, he was having a great start of the season. With a better team, and a 9 in front of him, I think we can see that Messi again.

Armando929

He was bad but this singling out of players is not looking at the big picture.

It starts with the coach and the tactics. We have become too predictable. Our midfield was not able to control the game and Busquets consistently bad passing and giveaways was one major issue. The opponents know how to play us now. They know Messi is always in the center and they just clog up that part of the pitch and from there, things just go down.

I think even us as fans have unrealistic expectations of Messi. It's like we expect him to score a hat trick every game. That's just not realistic even if it is Messi.

xxxxxx

Hard to tell if he's playing as good he was 2 years ago. He had a much better team back then.

And if Messi bangs in a brace against Man City on Wednesday, people will be calling him the best of all time again.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was bad but this singling out of players is not looking at the big picture.

It starts with the coach and the tactics. We have become too predictable. Our midfield was not able to control the game and Busquets consistently bad passing and giveaways was one major issue. The opponents know how to play us now. They know Messi is always in the center and they just clog up that part of the pitch and from there, things just go down.

I think even us as fans have unrealistic expectations of Messi. It's like we expect him to score a hat trick every game. That's just not realistic even if it is Messi.

But what can a coach do when the club and players refuse to play in a different way? Obviously, Tata has part of the blame, but in a way he's just a victim of all the problems we've seen in the last two seasons... The signs were there and the club and players decided to ignore them and now it's all blowing up in our faces...

Hard to tell if he's playing as good he was 2 years ago. He had a much better team back then.

And if Messi bangs in a brace against Man City on Wednesday, people will be calling him the best of all time again.

I would call him that regardless or call him, he is that IMO.

But what can a coach do when the club and players refuse to play in a different way? Obviously, Tata has part of the blame, but in a way he's just a victim of all the problems we've seen in the last two seasons... The signs were there and the club and players decided to ignore them and now it's all blowing up in our faces...

Is this true though? isnt this just fabricated news in Madrista newspapers?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

With the way our team has been playing lately, not going to happen. I'd be happy if we draw them.

Sigh, I forgot when was the last time we actually played really well.

F

Flavia

I think the players played as they were told, they played direct football today. But they don't either like to do it, or don't know how to do it, and played poorly because of it. Might have been proposital or not.

Mitchell1978

I think the players played as they were told, they played direct football today. But they don't either like to do it, or don't know how to do it, and played poorly because of it. Might have been proposital or not.

Maybe the players just aren't suited for that type of game, makes you wonder why Tata tries to continue with that style.

kollegah

i hope you all wake up, if youll see him play that careless at the world cup.
But then again, maybe he is saving for wc 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans