10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Should we sack this bastard?

We should have sacked him a long time ago. I had enough of this guy as soon as we got that stupid ass Qatar Foundation besmuging our kits. The UNICEF deal was exactly in line with our clubs ethos. Qatar Airwaves or whatever is the ethos of regular clubs, not ours.

M

Messi+Eto

Messi was wrong to go off like that publicly. . . But this insignificant moronic tadpole named Faus doesn't deserve to have a job. I think Fans need to show their solidarity for Leo right now because this can get very ugly in a very short time. I am talking Messi joining another club ugly! We need banners on match days calling for Faus's resignation ASAP!

CatalinR10

Messi was wrong to go off like that publicly. . . But this insignificant moronic tadpole named Faus doesn't deserve to have a job. I think Fans need to show their solidarity for Leo right now because this can get very ugly in a very short time. I am talking Messi joining another club ugly! We need banners on match days calling for Faus's resignation ASAP!

Barca fans in the stadium won.t do shit , they go to the games just like they go to see a movie or at the theatre.

M

Messi+Eto

agree, but a show of support is needed at the game against Elche next year.

Needed you say? Its more like a MUST! People need to realize Messi and CR7 are the most important players in the game right now. We can't afford to loose Leo. On the other hand we can always get another moron to replace Faus if he leaves or gets fired.

spark

It takes 2 hands to clap. Both parties are at fault. Rosell's leadership and his team seem to have caused a lot of tension and alienation. Cruyff, Pep and now Messi. Also Rosell has to remember that Barca are first and foremost a football club and secondly a business. Rosell would probably be good at another football club because of his business acumen but Barca are a different animal and have a different set of values compared to your everyday big club.

Messi overreacted imo. He shouldn't have addressed these issues with the media. He should have contacted the board directly and addressed the issue in private. Messi has been seen as a 'little dictator' by many and has fallen out with quite a few players and Pep too. He hasn't spoken to Pep since he left. Yes, he is the greatest player I've seen but the club is bigger. These controversies and issues only damage the club and do no one any favours.

I see we have a punto pelota fan here.

JamDav1982

What is it with this 'Cruyff, Pep and Messi' thing that seems to be getting said.

Rosell was elected in on the back of a campaign where he directly opposed Laporta, people voting him in new fine well that Cruyff would be gone. It would have been madness for Rosell to keep him on and have in fighting within the club, something Cruyff does not shy away from.

Pep? What is this based on? Pep claiming the club harrassed him in New York? Which they denied.

Pep left as he was struggling to motivate the players in the same way and was becoming a bit stale compared to his early days. He probably stayed longer than he expected to going by his interviews etc before Rosell was even on the scene.

People are taking this one incident when a member of he board has reacted poorly and using it to try and back other arguments.

PrRan

what i don't understand is this: even if Leo asks for an improved contract why the hell does Faus have to react like that? this is not an issue for the media! just deal with it within the club. keep the best player in the world happy and don't say stupid sh*t in public. and then another dumass goes and says Leo is just an employee. i can't believe this. just watched a Leo video and i am getting scared to even think of the possibility of this football genius in the colours of bayern or man city or so.

i really hope rossel can resolve this and keep the squad happy.

Mitchell1978

Faust was disrespectfull of Messi with his comments and made him look greedy so i understand Messi being angry though its probably unwise to speak out publically. I hope all this gets sorted out asap on everybody can go back at focusing on football.

F

Flavia

the guy simply said that someone who just renewed doesnt deserve a contract.

the subject was over.

Messi decideds to be angry and comes out with statements like this? WTF was he thinking? He talks about this guy is the worst manner , worst than what the guy even said. If he didnt ask for a renenwal then why is he angry. Faus didnt even mention his name.
Lol. If it was that simple... Nice way to distort what happened. Faus was talking about messi. He was directly asked about him. And not mentioning his name, and calling him "este senor" was more disrespectful than anything messi said. It would have been better if this hadn't happened, but it's on faus, not on messi. Messi is not "someone". He is the best player ever, who have given a lot more to this club than faus ever will. You just dont treat your best player ever like that. Messi doesnt use to come out and say things like that either. He's very private. If he spoke, it's because what faus said really bothered him. He attacked faus, not the club. And no, faus is not the club. Messi is Barca more than he is.

Sport's journalists are all pro-messi, against faus and wanting rosell to act quickly. Md's jpurnalists are trying to stay in middle ground, not taking sides. Interesting stuff.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Lol. If it was that simple... Nice way to distort what happened. Faus was talking about messi. He was directly asked about him. And not mentioning his name, and calling him "este senor" was more disrespectful than anything messi said. It would have been better if this hadn't happened, but it's on faus, not on messi. Messi is not "someone". He is the best player ever, who have given a lot more to this club than faus ever will. You just dont treat your best player ever like that. Messi doesnt use to come out and say things like that either. He's very private. If he spoke, it's because what faus said really bothered him. He attacked faus, not the club. And no, faus is not the club. Messi is Barca more than he is.

Sport's journalists are all pro-messi, against faus and wanting rosell to act quickly. Md's jpurnalists are trying to stay in middle ground, not taking sides. Interesting stuff.

+1

khaled_a_d

I think that this is a bit of tricky situation here
Messi isn't having the best time right now,lots of injuries that is bringing back memories of the early part of his career ,lots of criticism and a lot of"have we seen the best of Messi already"? ,then the taxes issues and then even the charity things he does is questioned and accused of being money laundry ? Now media is accusing him of being greedy player who want more money for the childish purpose of being paid more than Cr7 ? there was a lot or reports that he didn't like the lack of support from the club in this stuff ,now one of the board member responding in a bad way isn't the right thing to do
Faus was wrong ,let's not fool ourselves and say he just responded to the question ,he basically made it look like the club is refusing Messi "absurd request " rather than denying it actually happened
Messi response could have been better specially for a player who rarely goes to the media like him ,He obviously should have dealt with it privately but it is understandable that he responded in public considering Faus comment was to media too
he attacked Faus in person and questioned him in public too ,now that should never happen
First ,I think Rosell should have deal with that inside the club ,all parties should realize that going to media is the worst thing to deal with club issues
On the other hand Saying that Faus should be fired is nonsense,while yes I hope the whole board is out as soon as possible ,Faus shouldn't go for this reason as It will give bad image for the club ,will give Messi a power that no player should ever have
Messi in another circumstances should have been fined ,but considering that he did this b/c of cumulative reasons they would probably do nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans