Messi's Stats in his last 5 official games against Atletico

360 min played
0 Goals
0 Assists
1 Penalty missed

Credit to Simeone and Atleti's defence.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
She is not that far off. I'd say only Alves....and I don't know, Sanchez? were worse.

So strange to see him like this. :(

It's only one decent game after having 5-6 really great ones. Can you do me the favour and wait a week or two before you tell us how Messi is past it and should be sold? Yes? Thank you.

Mitchell1978

Not his best game thats for shure but like usual when he isn't decisive and when we don't get a good result a lot of people want to put the blame on him.

Mitchell1978

Messi's Stats in his last 5 official games against Atletico

360 min played
0 Goals
0 Assists
1 Penalty missed

Credit to Simeone and Atleti's defence.

Actually its 341 minutes because he came of injured in the first of those 5 games. This also was the first game of those 5 where he was fully fit and not injured or coming back from injury.

I dont blame him, he had a really bad game from his standards, its these kind of matches he should make the difference and he wasnt there is all.

Kerrybai

She is not that far off. I'd say only Alves....and I don't know, Sanchez? were worse.

So strange to see him like this. :(

You are so over dramatic. Give it a rest. So strange to see him like what? Surrounded by defenders during a very tight game? Nothing unusual about his performance. Simeone know's how to stop us yet many still created 2 huge chances for us.

I dont blame him, he had a really bad game from his standards, its these kind of matches he should make the difference and he wasnt there is all.

He's not a machine, he can't always be the goalscorer. You should have more appreciation for Messi the creator. We had half a dozen good chances of which Messi created 2.

Last edited:
You are so over dramatic. Give it a rest. So strange to see him like what? Surrounded by defenders during a very tight game? Nothing unusual about his performance. Simeone know's how to stop us yet many still created 2 huge chances for us.

He's not a machine, he can't always be the goalscorer. You should have more appreciation for Messi the creator. We had half a dozen good chances of which Messi created 2.
Trust me I have alot of appreciation for Messi the player and Messi the creator , when he creates , which he did to some degree today but far too Little in a game of this magnitude. Anyway can only be better next week.

aki13

All that's been said. Its clear that Simeone and Atletico have actually found a way to stop Messi and thus often stop Barca.

Interesting as to why they are so good at stopping him? Very few others can.

FC B

Sanchez was good .

Fabregas was worse .

Not only Sanchez wasn't good at all just like Fabregas was poor also but Messi was awful today comparing to his standards...

It was one of these days we need him the most and he almost didn't walk the pitch at all when comparing to his capabilities !

I was so sad he played like that (crap) yesterday.

spark

At least Cesc was running and helping in defence, while messi did his usual sleep-walking. Lost a bunch of balls as well ...pretty much a disgraceful performance.

Messi worked back when he could. Atleti have stronger players than usual so where he would win the ball back against most players these beasts just kept running. Won't shocked if it's revealed these guys are on PEDs :coffee:. Anyway the speed at which you always turn on Messi is almost as impressive as Messi's exploits :worthy:.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Needs to play on the right wing against Atletico. Against teams like this Atleti he can't find space in the middle. It's almost impossible. 5 consecutive games without a goal against Simeone. Atleti used to be his favourite opponent. What's he going to do in the middle with 2 blocks of 4 parking 5 yards away from each other? Goals like Neymar's today is the way to go. Neymar left, Messi right. What a nightmare in theory to stretch defenses. In practise we play Messi middle and Neymar right. You couldn't make it up. :VdB:

Cule4life

The Culest
And people still say we dont need a no 9. Do you expect Messi to dribble through 5-6 players in the middle every game? Stretch the defences while the striker keeps the CBs occupied. Simple but powerful tactic as shown against Milan last year. Everybody knows this except people in our dugout.

Alarcón

And people still say we dont need a no 9. Do you expect Messi to dribble through 5-6 players in the middle every game? Stretch the defences while the striker keeps the CBs occupied. Simple but powerful tactic as shown against Milan last year. Everybody knows this except people in our dugout.

Villa played as winger against Milan, he just moved to the middle when Messi dropped back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans