10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarcón

He spent 90% time in the center.

I wouldn't say 90% but even if he did, he was still nominally a winger and him occupying the middle was a tactical measure. Messi scored both of his goals from the center so you can't say that Leo was a winger in that game.

Playing with a true number 9 would be wrong on many levels. Messi is not as influential on the wing and dropping him into midfield would mean benching Iniesta, so Messi playing at any other position than he currently does is imo never gonna happen. What Villa did against Milan last year is the smartest thing to do tactically, but you need a player on the wing who can do this. Villa could because he is originally a striker. Alexis has been doing it too in a couple of games and I think he did well.

khorne

I wouldn't say he was bad, he was just taken out of the game by atleticos superb effort. bad in my book means to squander chances, lose balls, make the wrong decisions. He still had some nice moments, so i don't really know what's with all the outrage. Was it his best game? no. Did he cost us the game? no. Is he still a genius and deserves our faith? yes. End of story

CatalinR10

BkK03WeCMAAsd-k.jpg

Samuel Eto'o

Sometimes we just have to give credit where credit is due. Ath. Madrid defense was superb.

Let's just hope he plays better in the second leg.

Paganinisrvnge

I wouldn't say he was bad, he was just taken out of the game by atleticos superb effort. bad in my book means to squander chances, lose balls, make the wrong decisions. He still had some nice moments, so i don't really know what's with all the outrage. Was it his best game? no. Did he cost us the game? no. Is he still a genius and deserves our faith? yes. End of story

Great post. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Pepe Silvia

Any club looking for ways to take Messi out of a game need to observe Athletico tonight. They kept him as disconnected from the group as humanly possible and did a great job at frustrating him. Still a few key passes and that dribble + pass to Iniesta was sublime.

Alissa

When he's being marked like that, the only thing he can do is make passes like that one to Iniesta. When you know that nothing will work through the middle than you make sure that you have wingers that can score. Iniesta, despite his brilliance, is just wasted there because he needs 100 chances to put one away, and in a game like this you won't get more than one chance.

You say he played bad? If Iniesta and Sanchez (that was a brilliant pass) score there, we are talking about two Messi assists and how he 'destroyed' AM with his great passes. Football is a funny game sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans