10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Yup. Idiots are wishing this guy misery over a game and forget what he has done a few weeks ago. Fickle morons at it's finest.

He looked good against Real Madrid no doubt.

That was a game where they pushed a high line and did not park the bus and wanted to teach Barca a lesson. He was able to find space fairly easily in that game.

Games like tonight where it is tight his lack of movement and effort stands out a mile.

F

Flavia

Messi didn't give a shit tonight ...and by now it should be crystal clear that he's saving himself for the World Cup. I don't hate him, I never could, but I'm just so incredibly sad and disappointed, that he wasn't even trying to make things happen. Why Leo?? :cry:

It's filled with overreactions. We don't know if he didn't give a shit or not. He usually does, he loves the club. He was marked out of the game again. I said this after the 1st leg. Simeone knows how to stop him. and Tata's "tactics" didn't help him. Still, he missed 2 good chances. But with the amount of crap it's going on, it's not fair to crucify him like a lot are doing here.

Yannick03

When did he ever had any chance to play real football ? He always had 4 players around him and in front him. He always had to start an attack from scratch, blame the tactics and ALL players. He was piss poor and should've scored, he's human accept it. He obviously cares that we lost, probably the most of all our players. He just doesn't run around like a headless chicken...

fcbdna

Banned
All the blame is justified, when you see your best player walking around, that transfers to other teammates' mind, and that can't help to perform better.

awful, just awful, you would never see him being this irresponsible few years ago, he changed...

I wonder why people never jump to Neymar or alexis defense? Lets be honest, Messi only cares about the WC right now.

XaviMessiGirl

All the blame is justified, when you see your best player walking around, that transfers to other teammates' mind, and that can't help to perform better.

awful, just awful, you would never see him being this irresponsible few years ago, he changed...

Yeah, it's not just that he had a bad game, it's that he seemed to put in zero effort. I hate the overreactions, but that much is the truth. It makes me sad and angry.

JamDav1982

True, but how does any of that warrant wishing him failure in the WC, calling him a choke-artist and claiming it has anything to do with the WC in the first place? And what exactly does "get away with it" mean? Is he supposed to be financially punished or something? Because criticism is fine and everything... but overreactions are ridiculous.

Yeah mentioning WC and wanting him to fail there is just pointless really.

Get away with it means he wont get pulled up on it and these performances have happened a lot this season and last.

Arguably the team looked better and more threats from out wide etc when he was out injured. Thats really sad.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Cue the Messi bashing. One bad game and he needs to be dropped.

Guys, he's only human.

One bad game? He's had many bad games since his injury last year, he actually never was himself since that injury - wtf is going on with him?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Messi is still the best ever. Problem is we don't have a defence. I really don't think Tata is capable of coaching a team like Barca. We need someone like Simeone.

I think Messi is being miscoached. I watch Argentina and I see that the best Messi, the GOAT, still exist. I've said it since day one, Tata is an amateur.

Messi is still the best ever. Problem is we don't have a defence. I really don't think Tata is capable of coaching a team like Barca. We need someone like Simeone.

Well Simeone with this bunch would never work, if we bring in new people then yes but not with these players, then they actually would have to press again lord forbid.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Messi didn't give a shit tonight ...and by now it should be crystal clear that he's saving himself for the World Cup. I don't hate him, I never could, but I'm just so incredibly sad and disappointed, that he wasn't even trying to make things happen. Why Leo?? :cry:

Exactly...

One can excuse a bad match, like Iniesta tonight for example, but never the lack of effort... What the hell is he doing casually congratulating Curtoise after a miss? He didn't even looked pissed off like he does when things don't go his way, he was just there wandering and accepting defeat...

He has shown in past occasions that he cares about the team, even in defeat, but today he was absent and that's something that can't be excused...

Stric

You're right, this is a circus...

Need I remind you that Messi scored a hat-trick and played his heart out and won us the game against RM just a few weeks ago?

You're acting as if he hasn't made an effort in a year.

Newsflash: 38 goals this season, with almost three months of injury.

BarcaGirl

Exactly...

One can excuse a bad match, like Iniesta tonight for example, but never the lack of effort... What the hell is he doing casually congratulating Curtoise after a miss? He didn't even looked pissed off like he does when things don't go his way, he was just there wandering and accepting defeat...

He has shown in past occasions that he cares about the team, even in defeat, but today he was absent and that's something that can't be excused...

+1

FC B

It is not only about this shit match but also about the most since his stupid injury spree debuted.

So where the fuck is our FUCKING Messi ?!:(

JamDav1982

When did he ever had any chance to play real football ? He always had 4 players around him and in front him. He always had to start an attack from scratch, blame the tactics and ALL players. He was piss poor and should've scored, he's human accept it. He obviously cares that we lost, probably the most of all our players. He just doesn't run around like a headless chicken...

Totally diagree with all of that.

No one wants him to run about 'like a headless chicken'. Other players had that covered tonight.

You complain about him being tightly marked - well static walking is about the easiest way to mark someone that tightly.

He was a disgrace out there and team would have been better with a poor player that moved a lot more.

serghei

You're right, this is a circus...

Need I remind you that Messi scored a hat-trick and played his heart out and won us the game against RM just a few weeks ago?

You're acting as if he hasn't made an effort in a year.

Newsflash: 38 goals this season, with almost three months of injury.

Circus performance, circus reactions. Normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans