10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

He ran and tried a lot today. Still it won't help, if the team is bad as a whole. Tactics, gameplan, the psychological aspect... everything is bad right now.
No one can even score. So much close chances tonight, from Neymar and Iniesta... It's a really bad patch.

I thought you said "It's really a bad pitch" and I was already ready to burst. :lol: :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Come on guys, why arguing over silly technicalities that are meaningless??

The point is, Messi should be commended for his effort tonight, but he and the rest of the team need to find ways out of this rut we are in. Keep on trying to find your touch, Leo!

CatalinR10

That statement is such an exaggeration and such a diminishing of other players' merits it's not even worth responding.

No player wins matches on his own. Barcelona Arsenal 4-1, Messi scored four times. Valdes has a great save when the score was 1-0 for Arsenal. Pedro had an amazing assist for Messi's 2nd goal. Keita also has a huge part in the 3rd goal, leaving Messi in 1 vs. 1 with Almunia.

How ironic....

Anyway I couldn't care less what you say. By your logic , Xavi had a great impact in Messi's Maradona copy goal against Getafe.

serghei

There were several games during Pep's last season where Messi was keeping us in the title race more or less by himself.

There were matches during Pep's reign, when Messi was by far our most important player. True. That DOES NOT mean he won games all by himself. That's just a disrespectful thing to say when you're talking about team sports.

Kerrybai

There were matches during Pep's reign, when Messi was by far our most important player. True. That DOES NOT mean he won games all by himself. That's just a disrespectful thing to say when you're talking about team sports.

We know it's not a true statement, you are taking too literally.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That statement is such an exaggeration and such a diminishing of other players' merits it's not even worth responding.

No player wins matches on his own. Barcelona Arsenal 4-1, Messi scored four times. Valdes has a great save when the score was 1-0 for Arsenal. Pedro had an amazing assist for Messi's 2nd goal. Keita also has a huge part in the 3rd goal, leaving Messi in 1 vs. 1 with Almunia.

I think you are having trouble understanding figure of speech... Obviously a single player can't win a match, but when his contributions greatly surpass those of team mates then you can use the expression "single-handedly" in a way to praise that performance... And that's what Messi did last season...

Granada and Atlético beat us by team effort, but we tried to win with individual performances, if by some reason Messi managed to score a hat trick today, the impression would be that he did it on his own...

CatalinR10

People don't know who to use words properly.

Did Afellay, for example, had a part in us winning 2-0 on Bernabeu?

Yes.

That means Messi didn't single-handedly win it.

It's pretty simple logic.

So....

I remember Pedro scoring a goal from the midfield a couple of years ago.

Pedro didn't score that goal single-handedly , it was possible because of :

60% Pedro's skill

30% wind not blowing

10% God not wanting to cause an earthquake in the moment Pedro shot the ball , so that Pedro could shoot it properly.

Am I doing it right ?

CesDel

I think you are having trouble understanding figure of speech... Obviously a single player can't win a match, but when his contributions greatly surpass those of team mates then you can use the expression "single-handedly" in a way to praise that performance... And that's what Messi did last season...

Granada and Atlético beat us by team effort, but we tried to win with individual performances, if by some reason Messi managed to score a hat trick today, the impression would be that he did it on his own...

That's not true. Yes, Messi scored a ridiculous amount of goals, but Fabregas(until february) and Iniesta were brilliant in the league last season, they also played a huge role in us winning the league by december. Again, Messi was without a doubt our most important and best player, but I agree with serhei, saying that Messi won the league almost single-handedly last season is disrespectful towards other important players, who were also vital..

Gohan

Super Saiyan
If you do not see it by now.. his mind is not here in Barcelona but in Brasil. His injuries have scared the shit out of him, knowing that there is a possibility that he will miss the World Cup frightens him. He is holding back, it's clear.

Stric

So....

I remember Pedro scoring a goal from the midfield a couple of years ago.

Pedro didn't score that goal single-handedly , it was possible because of :

60% Pedro's skill

30% wind not blowing

10% God not wanting to cause an earthquake in the moment Pedro shot the ball , so that Pedro could shoot it properly.

Am I doing it right ?

Yup, seems legit.

serghei

Anyway, that yellow card he took showed me he cared. Caring is good.

The season is over, I hope 2014 is the next 2008. If not, there are some dark clouds ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans