10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Somehow im dissapointed if it were tactics why Messi is failing, he is the greatest player I have ever seen and to be easily marked out by a bus frustrates the hell out of me since he is supposed to boss it.
In 2011/12/ 12/13 I have seen him win plenty of games for us when the opposition parked, he is really capable imo, however since his injury it seems he has been playing it safe, I hope its just for the world cup and he return to the Messi we all love to see.
I'm not ready to accept he is already past it at age 26 and his best years are just memories and youtube highlight videos. Dinho's decline crushed me back then, I hoped Messi had more longetivity.

Kerrybai

Again he was poor in a very poor attack. I really can't single him out for blame as out entire front line is performing equally bad. We need some pretty radical changes.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
You can't just write off those injuries like that. He had 4 friggin' injuries last year, one after another. Wouldn't you be a little scared if you were in his shoes? Wouldn't you want to be extra cautious? I'd argue that any other player who has had his experience last year would be doing the same. Plus, those injuries might have impacted his psyche a little bit, he is no longer that daring, at least not before the WC.

Other than that, he is not "saving for the WC".

But I agree with you generally, other than being cautious, you should give what you've got as much as possible.

+1000 get off the guys back he won us so many games on his own support him in his bad days for once in your life

Egert

Estonian Culé
Anyone can translate this?
282idt0.jpg

ebc_99

Can't believe the things being written about Messi, he has done so much for the club and for people to go against him just because he is out of form is very sad. He has played really well this year and has scored a lot of goals, for nearly any other player it would be a great season. He is not past his best, you can't just give up on him just because he is below his normal level, this is how sport works you have ups and downs, we should be pleased that Messi's down is still so brilliant.

In late 1966, the media were writing how the Beatles were finished, they hadn't released anything in 6 months and there was a backlash against them in the US after John Lennon was quoted as saying the were bigger than Jesus. Beatle bonfires were organised to set fire to their records and the group were given death threats. But their best was yet to come and the doubters all looked very stupid when they released Penny Lane/Strawberry fields and even dumber when Sgt Pepper was released. It is a good example of how the media in particular love to knock people down. It happens to most cultural icons, and now it is Messi's turn. It is such a pity that some fans are jumping on the bandwagon but all who are doubting him are going to look pretty stupid next season.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Well we don't know the exact reason for it. I would only bash Messi if it's his fault, I can handle a bit of bad form. People were suggesting he doesn't care/is more focused on the WC, if that's the reason then he deserves some stick. It could be other things though which are causing the problem.

Maria

Anyone can translate this?

1. Is the team not playing for him anymore?
2. Is he protecting himself for the Worldd Cup?
3. Is he sad because they are not renewing his contract?
4. Is he not getting along with Neymar?

Too bad that they are not making similar questions about our board, but I guess they can't bite the hand that feeds them.

Ursegor

World Champion
The problem is that Martino doesn't want him involved in the buildup as a false 9 and rather uses him like a normal 9 with Alves crossing balls to him when he's between 2 giant centerbacks.

serghei

If Messi doesn't want to play because a) he is saving himself for the World Cup, or b) he is unhappy because of his contract, this is bad news and totally unacceptable. I know there are people on this site that are Messi's fans first and Barca's fans second, but make no mistake, Messi owes Barcelona as much as Barcelona owes him (if not more). There are many huge talents out there that didn't make it to this stage because they didn't have Messi's luck of being spoted by an institution like FCB.

Ursegor

World Champion
El Clasico number of crosses:

Barcelona (frontline: Iniesta, Messi, Neymar): 30
Real Madrid (frontline: Bale, Benzema, Di Maria): 8

Leo, y u no score goals?! :VdB:

iceon

TBH I think Messi and Neymar are getting along, you can see that Neymar is always the first to congratulate him and the other way around. I think Messi has grown impatient with the lack of renewal in the squad in terms of the defensive areas. I think he's feeling that he has to carry too much weight and with injuries he just can't do it anymore. I mean if he doesn't play well the team loses, it's as simple as that.

Although, if his contract request are true, than maybe he's just become mentally ill. €100m a year. Wow.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
The problem is that Martino doesn't want him involved in the buildup as a false 9 and rather uses him like a normal 9 with Alves crossing balls to him when he's between 2 giant centerbacks.

Yep I notice that as well, he is trying to play as real CF and waits for crosses which undoubtedly Tata's idea.

kollegah

TBH I think Messi and Neymar are getting along, you can see that Neymar is always the first to congratulate him and the other way around. I think Messi has grown impatient with the lack of renewal in the squad in terms of the defensive areas. I think he's feeling that he has to carry too much weight and with injuries he just can't do it anymore. I mean if he doesn't play well the team loses, it's as simple as that.

Although, if his contract request are true, than maybe he's just become mentally ill. €100m a year. Wow.

if he gains his form back, id give him 200€ million a year,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans