10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

If only it was that simple... Other factors also influence people, it's not all about money.
True, and say his contract talks or the faulty board, or a stretch the wc being the reason for his not so great form, he should do what any of us in a paid job would do take a leave of absence or in his case some time on bench. No one would fault him for all he has done but while he is on the pitch, running as much as a goalkeeper should never be acceptable and leaves him open for criticism.

Richard.H

It's anything but the whole WC excuse. You never hear that from any footballers. Maradona didn't save himself in club competition before WC 1986.

There might be something happening behind closed doors. The fans know so little about the players and management.

Zincubus

Banned
All I hope is that Leo finds his hunger and desires back. If he has those, he will be almost unstoppable (and he has to work on his rusty touches and finishing :p).

Sadly Messi is nowadays just a mere shadow of his old self , pity really as CR is actually improving and even becoming more consistent as well :(

DinhoR10

Sadly Messi is nowadays just a mere shadow of his old self , pity really as CR is actually improving and even becoming more consistent as well :(

Really? The guy who only scores gravy goals after his teammates do all the hard work? Ronaldo hasn't scored a meaningful goal all season unless you count the one in the classico they lost.

I think you need to be pretty biased to even think that Messi would win this years bdor. Ronaldo scores for fun as Real Madrid passes Bayern with ease as the number 1 club in Europe.
16 goals in the champions cup and a new record will go along way to the bdor. Even though Messi have had a good year despite everything, he has not been as good as recent years.
And with the form he has shown the last month he shouldent have the bdor either as others are better and even more exciting. He needs to be out of this world good in the WC to have any chance at all and i fear he will not be.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I think you need to be pretty biased to even think that Messi would win this years bdor. Ronaldo scores for fun as Real Madrid passes Bayern with ease as the number 1 club in Europe.
16 goals in the champions cup and a new record will go along way to the bdor. Even though Messi have had a good year despite everything, he has not been as good as recent years.
And with the form he has shown the last month he shouldent have the bdor either as others are better and even more exciting. He needs to be out of this world good in the WC to have any chance at all and i fear he will not be.

BDoR is for the whole year so the first half of the season wont be considered thus leaving CR's only chance at it to win the CL and hope Messi doesn't do well at the WC because as it stands Leo has more Goals+assists than Ronaldo in 2014

FiReFTW

Really? The guy who only scores gravy goals after his teammates do all the hard work? Ronaldo hasn't scored a meaningful goal all season unless you count the one in the classico they lost.

Like they did all the hard work here?

[YOUTUBE]f8wmXZwAbjo[/YOUTUBE]

Please just stop it, I dislike Ronaldo alot, but he has been better than Messi in the past year. Hes not as good as Messi in his prime, but Messi really is a poor man of what he used to be nowadays, those are just facts, whatever reason might be for that.

JackaL

The day when Messi fans stop comparing him to Ronaldo, that day, they really acknowledge that Messi is overall the better player! But I guess, it's fun to talk about the same shit every week, every season!

The Ballon D'or is not fully correlated to your performance, there is no statistical analysis that makes you win the Ballon D'or. The Ballon D'or has a bias towards attacking players, even if the defending ones could have been better all season long! The only thing that counts are the votes - from captains, coaches and the media! After all, to win it, you probably need to lobby a lot. Madrid has done that last year, quite well to put Ronaldo first! In that case, it is not and will never be an objective case to win the Ballon D'or. The votes are based on pure subjective opinions...

In my opinion, and I share the thoughts of Maldini and the likes: Messi should win the Ballon D'or every year! Or to put it differently: Let others run for the Ballon D'Or and do not let Messi compete in any of those "races"!

raedkuwait

Like they did all the hard work here?

[YOUTUBE]f8wmXZwAbjo[/YOUTUBE]

Please just stop it, I dislike Ronaldo alot, but he has been better than Messi in the past year. Hes not as good as Messi in his prime, but Messi really is a poor man of what he used to be nowadays, those are just facts, whatever reason might be for that.

messi well shut u and all the doubters when he left the world cup trophy, what the fuck did ronaldo do in the past year for him to b better than messi
his failed to get his team out of his world cup group with weak teams in the group. plus ronaldo is much much more hungry for CL, which messi has won
already 3 times, trust me, the hunger for a title is the most motivating thing for a player, and messi is much much more hungry for world cup than any thing
in his life now.

Kerrybai

But you have to admit that sometimes he looks unmotivated for whatever reason, you could just tell by the light jogs when he has the ball and the lack of desire to take on defenders.

He was good this past game, his whole focus was just to go forward. That's the Messi that we should always see, alert when his teammates have the ball, always asking for the ball. We really need another man in front of Messi, someone who makes it easier for him so defenders wont always be on his tail. Aguero is a dream.

I don't know about that, he has been averaging a high number of dribbles in most of his games. However in most games our tactics completely nullify his abilities. Remember when he used to play all those 1-2 combo's with Alves and Iniesta? Teams park the bus now which makes it difficult to play through the middle so instead we have been looking to the wings. Unfortunately Messi is short and doesn't have the footballing brain of a traditional 9. Our team plays without a clear plan for breaking down these buses. Yes he does look quite unmotivated but then having said that he close to a goal a game and still comes up with moments of magic, ( e.g. pass to Neymar at the Bernaleo ).

Your last point is spot on, we basically need new tactics. The way Tata plays our team is crying out for a number 9 in front of Messi because Messi is been wasted in our current way of playing.

Zincubus

Banned
messi well shut u and all the doubters when he left the world cup trophy, what the fuck did ronaldo do in the past year for him to b better than messi
his failed to get his team out of his world cup group with weak teams in the group. plus ronaldo is much much more hungry for CL, which messi has won
already 3 times, trust me, the hunger for a title is the most motivating thing for a player, and messi is much much more hungry for world cup than any thing
in his life now.

Look I hate Madrid / Pepe / Ronaldo ....but recently CR is unplayable whereas sadly Messi has been invisible .

raskolnikov

Unplayable? he has been mediocre all season and was recently injured. All he does is be invisble for 90 minutes but score goals, kind of similair to Messi nowadays when you look at his stats compared to his overall play.
Only games Ronaldo has been great in and unplayable are a few liga games and Gs/Kobenhavn/Schalke in cl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans