10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Messi is still the best, hopefully this will kick him into gear. He will come storming back next season.

BarcaGirl

2wmnjfd.jpg

:p

There is a quality level in all records and this particular one is better than 99% of all the others. The best scorer in a CL/European Cup season... I'd take that before 100 other records...

poldep

There is a quality level in all records and this particular one is better than 99% of all the others. The best scorer in a CL/European Cup season... I'd take that before 100 other records...

I don't agree. Messi's records >>>>>>> CR7'record anytime, anyday.

Kerrybai

Records like most european cup wins, most la liga titles are the most impressive. I think Franciso Gento has 12 La liga's and 6 European cup medals. Also I would rate Messi's record goal haul in a season and calendar year as the most impressive goal feats ever achieved, especially considering he was beating Gerd Muller from the 70's.

Zincubus

Banned
Oh wow a game against osasuna? Where was he against Barca? Atletico? Bayern? He scores two goals after sergio ramos kill them off and suddenly he's the best player in the world? Give me a break.

You didn't see his two 40 yard screamers ( from open play) at the weekend then ??

Zincubus

Banned
Look I'm anything but a CR fan , I flamin' hate the guy ..... but he's wiped the floor with Messi over the last month or so ..IMHO

Pepe Silvia

Messi's records are insane, but CR has a major one with the single season CL. That is a huge record, and only a CR hater would think otherwise.

Some people are Messi rather than Barca or even football fans. It's no shame accepting that a player had a better year than Messi. It should provide him with a new goal, make him realise that he is solely responsible for his general play and see his mistakes over this season. If Real will win CL this year, I don't see how CR will miss out on a new Ballon d'Or, apart from some sensational World Cup performance from someone else.

Mitchell1978

Records like most european cup wins, most la liga titles are the most impressive. I think Franciso Gento has 12 La liga's and 6 European cup medals. Also I would rate Messi's record goal haul in a season and calendar year as the most impressive goal feats ever achieved, especially considering he was beating Gerd Muller from the 70's.

Its simple, the bigger the sample size, the more impressive the record. Also Messi's 10-11 CL-campaign was better as he won the CL and was dicisive in every round despite scoring 2 less goals then in 11-12.

Kerrybai

Look I'm anything but a CR fan , I flamin' hate the guy ..... but he's wiped the floor with Messi over the last month or so ..IMHO

Yes he has certainly bettered Messi, but people are going way over the top, the difference is not that big.

Anyway that's enough Ronaldo talk in here. We may look back at Ronaldo's season and be glad as it could provide motivation for Leo. :barca scarf:

Messi's records are insane, but CR has a major one with the single season CL. That is a huge record, and only a CR hater would think otherwise.

I don't think anyone would deny that, thankfully Leo is only turning 27 and has many years left to make history.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans