10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Look I hate Madrid / Pepe / Ronaldo ....but recently CR is unplayable whereas sadly Messi has been invisible .

Yes particularly in the 4-3 classico win. He's having a poor season by his standards which is understandable, but the hyperbole used on barcaforum is beyond ridiculous. How is a 40 goal season invisible?

F

Flavia

Yes particularly in the 4-3 classico win. He's having a poor season by his standards which is understandable, but the hyperbole used on barcaforum is beyond ridiculous. How is a 40 goal season invisible?

And saying cr's been "unplayable"... that post is a prime example of the power of the media.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Unplayable? he has been mediocre all season and was recently injured. All he does is be invisble for 90 minutes but score goals, kind of similair to Messi nowadays when you look at his stats compared to his overall play.
Only games Ronaldo has been great in and unplayable are a few liga games and Gs/Kobenhavn/Schalke in cl.

When I said that a few weeks back, you called me a Madrid fanboy :lol:

CatalinR10

* enters thread

* sees people talking about Messi vs Ronaldo and the ballon d'or in April

dis-gon-be-gud.gif

Gohan

Super Saiyan
I still don't understand why Ronaldo almost every game has to deal with only one fucking marker.. While when Messi touches the ball, 6 guys are ready to do whatever it takes to disposses him. I guess it shows how coaches think about the two.. It still pisses me off.

Kerrybai

I still don't understand why Ronaldo almost every game has to deal with only one fucking marker.. While when Messi touches the ball, 6 guys are ready to do whatever it takes to disposses him. I guess it shows how coaches think about the two.. It still pisses me off.

It's our style of play... I hope our new coach can turn things around. Our players are not getting any younger.

Zincubus

Banned
I think most of you missed the most important word in my post - RECENTLY !

AIso RECENTLY .. Whilst Ronaldo has been creating chances and scoring 40 yard wonder goals our beloved Messi has been missing sitters , losing the ball repeatedly and not showing enough determination .

DinhoR10

Like they did all the hard work here?

[YOUTUBE]f8wmXZwAbjo[/YOUTUBE]

Please just stop it, I dislike Ronaldo alot, but he has been better than Messi in the past year. Hes not as good as Messi in his prime, but Messi really is a poor man of what he used to be nowadays, those are just facts, whatever reason might be for that.

Oh wow a game against osasuna? Where was he against Barca? Atletico? Bayern? He scores two goals after sergio ramos kill them off and suddenly he's the best player in the world? Give me a break.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

The negativity of some people in this thread :facepalm: besides with all the shit barça went throught the last couple of weeks/months you all are going on about the ballon d'or, pathetic really.

Kerrybai

AIso RECENTLY .. Whilst Ronaldo has been creating chances and scoring 40 yard wonder goals our beloved Messi has been missing sitters , losing the ball repeatedly and not showing enough determination .

Ok then all hail Ronaldo. :worthy:

In other news here is a nice compilation of under the wall free kicks featuring Messi, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, and Ronaldinho. Players should attempt these more often.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Again, those of you who are saying Ronaldo is better than Messi this season (or this year so far) only because Real Madrid advanced while we got eliminated.

If you take the team results out of consideration, Ronaldo is no better than Messi.

Having said that, Messi today is certainly nowhere near his peak.

Look I hate Madrid / Pepe / Ronaldo ....but recently CR is unplayable whereas sadly Messi has been invisible .

I wonder how well Ronaldo will fare if RM plays possession football and teams bark the bus against them like they do to us.

I wonder how well Ronaldo will fare if he plays in the middle and has two or three opposing players marking him.

I wonder how well Ronaldo will fare if he is not given the space that he has today.

I wonder how well Messi will play in a RM-like counter-based system.

What? I remember reading a month ago from whoscored or somewhere else saying Messi had scored most of the goals outside of the penalty box than any other player that month (or 2014 YTD at the point).

What sitters did Messi miss?

spark

The negativity of some people in this thread :facepalm: besides with all the shit barça went throught the last couple of weeks/months you all are going on about the ballon d'or, pathetic really.

You get the feeling that Camp Nou could burn down , and after a week or so the Shiny Replica football award talk would start up again in vigour.

A

alia

some of you talking about ballon d'or need to chill or now go support Real Madrid. Do you honestly think Messi is worried about Ballond'or right now.:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans