10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zincubus

Banned
Yeah, maybe Ronaldo's had a better April than Messi. But wiped the floor with him? Say what!?!

Oh yeah , I forgot ..2 great penalties ...

Jesus, I'm not the only one disappointed with Messi , of late . I was gutted when he failed to win the 5th consecutive Best Player trophy but I'm realistic enough to appreciate that he's not been the World's best player for well over a year or so .

DinhoR10

You didn't see his two 40 yard screamers ( from open play) at the weekend then ??

Against who? Against WHO? You can't be the best player in the world if everytime a big game rolls around you're overshadowed by your teammates or in his case the midget in blue and red he's playing against.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Against who? Against WHO? You can't be the best player in the world if everytime a big game rolls around you're overshadowed by your teammates or in his case the midget in blue and red he's playing against.

Who do you think is the best player in the world this season?

DinhoR10

Modric, Di Maria, Reus, Courtios maybe. Modric impressed me the most this season though he really came into his own this season.

And Iniesta has been the best performer big game wise of the entire season, even when playing like shit in the first half still playing well in every big game.

Edit: I'm not talking about the Balon 'Dor btw cause ik none of them will ever win it.

Last edited:

Caps

Iniesta has been the best player in 2014, easily. As for the whole season, Modric has been way better than Ronaldo. Comfortably; so much better it makes me laugh that as per usual, non goalscorers are still being underrated while the overall abilities of goal scorers are being overrated.

Ronaldo has played well, not outstandingly, not unbelievably; his performances are always, always inflated, especially when he gets a goal. Whereas players like iniesta have to play like he did in the Euro final to get any real recognition.

The most appalling thing of all? People actually talk about Ronaldo as if he's giving performances like Andres' Euro final every game. Iniesta has to perform at that unbelievable level to be told he's as good as Ronaldo, who's being told he's at that level already for so so games with two goals. Ronaldo has never produced anything like Iniesta in WC2010, CL2009, E2012 etc

Seriously bugs me. Iniesta is a better player than Ronaldo, always has been, always will be. Dgaf what anyone says.

DinhoR10

Iniesta has been the best player in 2014, easily. As for the whole season, Modric has been way better than Ronaldo. Comfortably; so much better it makes me laugh that as per usual, non goalscorers are still being underrated while the overall abilities of goal scorers are being overrated.

Ronaldo has played well, not outstandingly, not unbelievably; his performances are always, always inflated, especially when he gets a goal. Whereas players like iniesta have to play like he did in the Euro final to get any real recognition.

The most appalling thing of all? People actually talk about Ronaldo as if he's giving performances like Andres' Euro final every game. Iniesta has to perform at that unbelievable level to be told he's as good as Ronaldo, who's being told he's at that level already for so so games with two goals. Ronaldo has never produced anything like Iniesta in WC2010, CL2009, E2012 etc

Seriously bugs me. Iniesta is a better player than Ronaldo, always has been, always will be. Dgaf what anyone says.

In 2014 yes but his inconsistency in the first half of the season takes it away from him if you ask me. And yes I agree top form against top form iniesta>ronaldo. Hopefully he wins the wc for a second time and finally gets the recognition he deserves.

footyfan

Calma, calma

I agree with the general sentiment in your post but not with your opinion that Iniesta has been the best player in 2014. After a long time, it's really hard to judge who's the best player in the world.

Modric has really impressed me lately, I think he has been Madrid's best player. But he still is not as consistent in his performances as Ronaldo has been in scoring goals.

In my opinion, it was Suarez easily up until a month or two ago, but he has majorly tailed off since then.

KhaledBarca

Really? The guy who only scores gravy goals after his teammates do all the hard work? Ronaldo hasn't scored a meaningful goal all season unless you count the one in the classico they lost.

WTF are you talking about?

Cristiano did nothing in 2 leagues games against Barcelona this season, in fact the only clasico he didn't play RM won!
Against Bayern, he scored 2 goals after the tie was already over!

Ancelotti was able to get the best of his players, the way that RM defended and played counters against Barcelona in the Copa and Bayern in the UCL is what made them reach their goals (everything went their way, great tactics, perfect scenario)!

Its so annoying with all the teams efforts, and the focus is just one player who was never the reason for these key wins. In fact, I can name 5-6 players who were more important than CR [Di Maria, Casillas, Modric, Ramos and Benzema) all were more decisive. The way CR celebrated scoring his 15th ucl goal this season was so ignorant! I can't stand how selfish this guy is and his fanboys are so annoying!

DinhoR10

WTF are you talking about?

Cristiano did nothing in 2 leagues games against Barcelona this season, in fact the only clasico he didn't play RM won!
Against Bayern, he scored 2 goals after the tie was already over!

Ancelotti was able to get the best of his players, the way that RM defended and played counters against Barcelona in the Copa and Bayern in the UCL is what made them reach their goals (everything went their way, great tactics, perfect scenario)!

Its so annoying with all the teams efforts, and the focus is just one player who was never the reason for these key wins. In fact, I can name 5-6 players who were more important than CR [Di Maria, Casillas, Modric, Ramos and Benzema) all were more decisive. The way CR celebrated scoring his 15th ucl goal this season was so ignorant! I can't stand how selfish this guy is and his fanboys are so annoying!

Was this sarcasm or did you misunderstand my post? I agree with almost EVERYTHING you just said by gravy goals I meant goals that had no real meaning but to make the win look better. I have no problem with his celebration its a nice achievement. His fanboys are annoying though.

L

linetty

BmhlEGPCcAE7pM0.png:large

xavisionary

I get the weirdest feeling that Leo will not break Batistuta's goal record for the national team (which is insane, btw). The others he will, comfortably.

Leo10

This thread has too much of "Ronaldo" in it. Please limit yourselves to one use of "Ronaldo" per page.

Number of times "Ronaldo" is mentioned:

Page 412 - 17 times
Page 411 -14 times
Page 410 - 19 times
Page 409 - 1 time :hooray:
Page 408 - 20 times

:satorra:

xavisionary

This thread has too much of "Ronaldo" in it. Please limit yourselves to one use of "Ronaldo" per page.

Number of times "Ronaldo" is mentioned:

Page 412 - 17 times
Page 411 -14 times
Page 410 - 19 times
Page 409 - 1 time :hooray:
Page 408 - 20 times

:satorra:

ronaldobarca2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans