10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

Honestly I see no reason why he shouldn't be given minutes against Elche, I understand not playing him awhole a lot, but cmon, not play at all??

Neymessi

Wasn't the time period for this injury more than it should have been coz previous injury times were not sufficient for messi. He has been given more than enoguh time i think. I am now thinking whats bad in starting him??

NotInHere

Wasn't the time period for this injury more than it should have been coz previous injury times were not sufficient for messi. He has been given more than enoguh time i think. I am now thinking whats bad in starting him??
Yeah I think he was given 2 months... dude even flew to his wishful fortress to recuperate, I think he has been out too long and I'm pretty sure his 95% healthy if he took everything seriously. That 5% that I left out is his game in an actual game, cause I'm pretty sure he'll be rusty.

How do we solve that? Play him already.

NotInHere

Kind of dangerous for his first full game to be straight against Simeone's thugs.
I've heard that Simeone is quite a motivator in the locker room, I wonder what kinda of motivator though..

I refuse to believe he orders his players to hurt other's just because their not good enough... Yeah I refuse.

Kerrybai

I think he should do it. He´s already rich and barça could use some money to transfers and the stadium. He´s the best but he cannot be above the club. That´s dangerous.

What?

What has he done to indicate he is above the club?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Man, non-barca fans have already forgotten how good Messi is, everybody saying that Ronaldo is better than Messi and has always been is ridiculous, I wish he could play the whole season without injuries and do his best.

NotInHere

When do you guys think Leo's decline will begin?

I kinda look at Basketball players and Football players the same, each drop off significantly once they pass the age of 30, or they switch up their game style to not have to go through the wear and tear they had to go through before, lets make Kobe Bryant an example, dude trained so much and took well care of his body but injuries got the better of him, his 35 right now, honestly I thought he was gonna be one of those players could still play at a high level at this age, unfortunately it looks like he'll have to retire soon, or he can reassure me yet again that his a freak of nature and return and still be the old Kobe, but that's unlikely.

I don't want Messi to be that type of guy, honestly what's scary about Messi is that you can make a case his not even on his absolute prime yet, so that leaves more room for improvement which is more scary. If Leo takes care of his body, I could see him playing until his 40 honestly... looks like we'll still witness 10 more years of Leo, but things will have to go his way, no injuries that make him sit 2 months anymore, if everything does go well, kinda scary what a more mature 30+ Leo could do.. if there's one guy that I could see pull this off, is him.

Last edited:

Stric

We can't forget just how incredibly good Messi is. Of course, he will decline just like anyone else, but a declined Messi will still be better than most players in the world. So we can't really discuss his decline like it's a usual thing. If nothing out of the ordinary happens with him, I have no problem believing Messi will still be among the very best at age 33, for example.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Everything hinges on him being healthy and injure-free. I don't think Messi will be playing at this level well into his 30's though. He will slow down, which will be detrimental to him making those runs and dribbles passing several players to score some of those goals, but if we are lucky, we can see him transitioning into a CAM, with his great vision.

BarcaGirl

Antonella via IG: "Ending the year with a bit of music �� #goodbye2013 #welcome2014"

vxk7l0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans