10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I have no problem with Messi coming on as a super sub against Atletico if needed. Funnily enough the last 2 times we faced Atletico in the Calderon, we played better once Messi came off.

Don't think that's correct. The last time Barca played Atletico at the Vicente Calderon outside of the Supercup was a La Liga fixture of may 12, 2013 which Barca won 2-1 and Messi played full 90 mins.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Who needs Messi against Atletico when you have Busquets.

423245feba203ef8139fe12791abf5cc.gif

The Observer

Don't think that's correct. The last time Barca played Atletico at the Vicente Calderon outside of the Supercup was a La Liga fixture of may 12, 2013 which Barca won 2-1 and Messi played full 90 mins.

Messi didn't play 90 minutes in that game. He went off injured but we couldn't make an official sub because we had already used all 3. So we continued playing with 10 men and scored 2 goals after Messi went off. Which was hilarious.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Messi didn't play 90 minutes in that game. He went off injured but we couldn't make an official sub because we had already used all 3. So we continued playing with 10 men and scored 2 goals after Messi went off. Which was hilarious.
It was extremely lucky and by far the most undeserved win last season, but it still felt good.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

You're right, I stand corrected.

NotInHere

Why do people feel like Messi wont be ready against Atletico? Do you guys mean he wont play at all? or that he'll come in as a sub?

There's like 5% of him not playing at all against Getafe and Atletico. I see him getting some minutes against Getafe and against Atletico he'll get more, if he doesn't play at all... I'll start to get worried.

Galning

Why do people feel like Messi wont be ready against Atletico? Do you guys mean he wont play at all? or that he'll come in as a sub?

There's like 5% of him not playing at all against Getafe and Atletico. I see him getting some minutes against Getafe and against Atletico he'll get more, if he doesn't play at all... I'll start to get worried.

He'll play against Atlético, I'm sure.

Ghost

If he's not 100000% ready for the Atleti game, we shouldn't play him. Simple as. Leo's health > World Peace.

I will go nuts if he got injured again.

Last edited:

AzaR

Is some what annoying when so many people on the forum seem to think they are more knowledgeable about Leo's fitness than fitness staff and Leo himself.

Remember it was said he could have come back earlier than January but they have been cautious and made sure he has had time for the injury to heal, no doubt he will get the green light for the Atletico game, how long he will play I don't know, 10 minutes or 90 minutes I'm sure the staff know what they are doing

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Messi will play a few minutes in the Cup game against Getafe and will start the Liga game against Atlético Madrid #fcblive [sport]

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Better safe than sorry. I believe this is for the best and there is no reason to worry. He will be back against AM and that's that. All according to plan :D

pepi

Is some what annoying when so many people on the forum seem to think they are more knowledgeable about Leo's fitness than fitness staff and Leo himself.

Remember it was said he could have come back earlier than January but they have been cautious and made sure he has had time for the injury to heal, no doubt he will get the green light for the Atletico game, how long he will play I don't know, 10 minutes or 90 minutes I'm sure the staff know what they are doing

I'm not as sure as you,man. I'm definitely not!

ebc_99

Messi is only 13 goals behind Ronaldo for this season, will be a stretch to beat him at this point but possible he will score 50 plus, he would need another 36 to do that which is likely if he is on top form. It would be funny if he outscored Ronaldo again even though he has been injured most of the season so far.

Stric

This is most likely not a question of whether he's healed or not. The reason behind this is training rhythm. He's only had a few trainings sessions with the squad, he's been training alone for the past 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans