10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

He doesn't have to play 2009-2012 style to win it. A couple of good bursts and he can still win a game, provided his team helps him. But if he wins it, I'm sure a lot of people will say he won it by himself, and that is not fair to his teammates, most of them who had a good to great World Cup so far.

neo_wolf

Even if he has fitness issues i think Messi is going all out today, injuries be damned, If he doesn't then i would really be concerned for him.
I just want to see him bust his ass off win/lose in this game.

Go Messi, Imortality is yours, take it!

He doesn't have to play 2009-2012 style to win it. A couple of good bursts and he can still win a game, provided his team helps him. But if he wins it, I'm sure a lot of people will say he won it by himself, and that is not fair to his teammates, most of them who had a good to great World Cup so far.

Agreed but I'll just add that Messi most certainly did carry them through the group stage. Everyone was a mess except him.

messid10s

Even if he has fitness issues i think Messi is going all out today, injuries be damned, If he doesn't then i would really be concerned for him.
I just want to see him bust his ass off win/lose in this game.

Go Messi, Imortality is yours, take it!

Agreed he'll surely realise this may be the only time he'll be in the world cup final and will just go for it adrenaline will hopefully carry him past any fitness issues.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
He is already, imo. Not even winning the wc would make his haters stop, the speech is already made... That he didn't carry the nt like Maradona, etc, etc.

Not for us. I meant that for the haters. For you and me, He's already beyond all sort of greatness. DIOS. :)

Ghosting

agreed. Leo will not all of the sudden turn on the switch and play like he did in 09-12, he is just off form for whatever reason.

I just expect him to have burts.

Best we can hope for is Argentina manage a win, and he feels all the pressure come off him and we see him back to his best next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans