10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doobs

The Messiah
Were you asleep for the hattrick at the Bernabeu 6 months ago? His last cl hattrick was against Ajax last year but he has scored at least two in 2014 counting RM and Getafe.

Like I said I read it somewhere. Mustve been in the CL.

Mitchell1978

Some of you guys are pathetic, he has been brilliant so far this season and then has one so-so game and you turn on him again. Bet you he still scores 50 to 60 goals this season.

Very well put, one bad game and people are overreacting again. People must also understand that his role in the team has changed/is changing. For years he was basically barça's only consistent goalthreat (and some people complained about that too), now we have potentially 3 consistent goalscorers but barça's midfield isn't that good anymore.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think some of you guys really have not understood how special 2012 was....

To even expect Messi repeat that again or do better is expecting a bit too much, even from the greatest player ever.

What he did back then was just so sick that no one could have imagined that happening.

Last edited:

spark

The internet deep throating Ronaldo is getting to my head

Funny thing is CR hasnt scored any kind of hattrick since the Sweden game. That November period is still pushing the hype train even now. He scored 2 or 3 hattricks in a month for Real then one for Portugal and that won him the Ballon D'or.

SeloBarca

Strange that its always "one bad game, hes been great the others"
Imo he only had one great game, against Leon. The others hes been ok. He still walks a bit to much at times.

Hes still a great player, maybe the best, but not over the top like before.

200x Messi was the best for me, even though he set the record in 2012.

Why do people care so much about him scoring? He is so much more than just a goal machine. When Ronaldo doesn't score then his fans can freak out because that's really all he brings consistently. Messi could score 10 goals this year and still be considered the best in the world (by those who know that there is more to individual footballers than goals).

But.... If we're just looking at the last game, he was bad. Nothing more, nothing less. I expect He'll be back to his best on the weekend.

DinhoR10

His acceleration has not reduced, go watch him in the world cup where he left humbles for dead. Acceleration just doesn't mean much when there are 11 people in front of you, back in 2010-2011 against parked busses he did iniesta's walk dribbling to get his shots off.

Kerrybai

Same here, it does hurt. I think it is the new reality that we fans will have to accept. As long as he plays well and helps the team win, I will be happy.

You repeat that every week, you should just enjoy him and stop fretting over his poorer games.

Strange that its always "one bad game, hes been great the others"
Imo he only had one great game, against Leon. The others hes been ok. He still walks a bit to much at times.

Hes still a great player, maybe the best, but not over the top like before.

200x Messi was the best for me, even though he set the record in 2012.

He was great against Elche and Bilbao. Last night we faced a parked bus and struggled to create chances, that's down to the team not Messi. He was certialy off his game but he's started the season very well.

Doobs

The Messiah
Funny thing is CR hasnt scored any kind of hattrick since the Sweden game. That November period is still pushing the hype train even now. He scored 2 or 3 hattricks in a month for Real then one for Portugal and that won him the Ballon D'or.

Ronaldo isn't even in the debate. The internet and the kids on it are hilariously stupid.

Why do people care so much about him scoring? He is so much more than just a goal machine. When Ronaldo doesn't score then his fans can freak out because that's really all he brings consistently. Messi could score 10 goals this year and still be considered the best in the world (by those who know that there is more to individual footballers than goals).

But.... If we're just looking at the last game, he was bad. Nothing more, nothing less. I expect He'll be back to his best on the weekend.

But we love him and want him to do well at an individual level too. The problem is that thanks to the imbeciles that run FIFA, the Ballon D'or more often than not ends up with the top goal scorer, and there is absolutely no doubt that it influences opinion.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Walks too much? He has started moving around and pressing.

What do people want him to do? Run wildly like a blind horse?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
This thread never ceases to amaze me for the amount of bullshit and nonsense it gets. I think I'll refrain from coming in here from now on. It's just too much to take and remain rational. SMH

F

Flavia

Walks too much? He has started moving around and pressing.

What do people want him to do? Run wildly like a blind horse?

Nah, ppl want him to score 2-3 goals each game.
He has 2 goals and 3 assists, with 4 games played. For comparison, in the 12-13 season, he had 6 goals, but 0 assists. I think this season he might end up with more assists then goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans