10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

Well what can we say, he wasn't good... Hopefully we see less performances like these and more like the vintage Messi that we all love.

aki13

Firstly, I blame Messi for tonight's pathetic display as much as 4 or 5 other attacking players. They were all pathetic

However I think the Nicosia & Malaga games show he is still in the same place as the end of last season. Since April he has been poor, and I mean poor for his standards. We have to cling to the one or two moments in a match and say "look how great Messi still is", where as go back 3 years and he was awesome most games. Not every game but 90%.

He is not on that level anymore and 2 games where he runs at the start of the season, should not have many fans here yelling "He's back"

Anyway my ultimate sadness is how much I enjoy Messi play as a player. I used to buzz every game seeing passing, assisting, skill, dribbling and lots of goals. These days we do not see anywhere near as much per game.

I don't know or care why really.

People say they are glad to see this Messi assisting and playing CAM more than the old days, but I just don't get that.

Give me the Messi of 2009-2012 any day over this one. He is a good player still, but he's pretty dull in between magic moments.

I always get hate for these sort of comments, but as a fan ask me which I enjoyed watching most and it was 2009-2013 Messi.

I struggle even with the "enjoy him as he is now part" as apart from 2 or 3 moves per game, there is often little to see.

I hoped it was looking better after the first few games but it seems its reverting back to last seasons walking again.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Firstly, I blame Messi for tonight's pathetic display as much as 4 or 5 other attacking players. They were all pathetic

However I think the Nicosia & Malaga games show he is still in the same place as the end of last season. Since April he has been poor, and I mean poor for his standards. We have to cling to the one or two moments in a match and say "look how great Messi still is", where as go back 3 years and he was awesome most games. Not every game but 90%.

He is not on that level anymore and 2 games where he runs at the start of the season, should not have many fans here yelling "He's back"

Anyway my ultimate sadness is how much I enjoy Messi play as a player. I used to buzz every game seeing passing, assisting, skill, dribbling and lots of goals. These days we do not see anywhere near as much per game.

I don't know or care why really.

People say they are glad to see this Messi assisting and playing CAM more than the old days, but I just don't get that.

Give me the Messi of 2009-2012 any day over this one. He is a good player still, but he's pretty dull in between magic moments.

I always get hate for these sort of comments, but as a fan ask me which I enjoyed watching most and it was 2009-2013 Messi.

I struggle even with the "enjoy him as he is now part" as apart from 2 or 3 moves per game, there is often little to see.

I hoped it was looking better after the first few games but it seems its reverting back to last seasons walking again.

Except last game he played really well, just 3 days ago, but you know, lets forget about that. He sucks...

How about we don't overreact and treat it like it is, he had a bad game and the entire team had a bad game. See, simple and without exaggeration.

Darko

I don't know what game you were watching but Iniesta and Rakitic created nothing worth mentioning.

And Messi created something?
I'm not putting the blame on him, the entire team looked piss poor and nobody had a good game, but at least if he was playing as a forward he might have been at the end of one of those crosses or deflections or something.

aki, i agree with the last sentence, its no better than last season, granted we dont concede but we are not creating more either. I hope Apoel and this game is not a sign of things to come but i fear it with the last season fresh in mind. Lucho brings rotation whichh can be a good thing, but the team is still build around Messi and when he is not delivering the whole team is grasping. And Messi was truly nowhere to be found today.

blaugrana1987

Maybe only Pep/Tito could work his magic with him. He looks demotivated and seriously, he is not making ANY sort of movement off the ball. It will usually be much harder to shake of defenders when you are not moving around without one...

Anyway, I hope I don't get too much stick for what I'm going to say but, if Messi would be his old self with Guardiola (meaning playing under Bayern) I would actually want him to go there. If this is permament drop of form then by all means he should (without doubt stay and retire here), but if its not...He can do soo much more.

Peps Barca was made around Messi, this one is made around fullbacks. Damn it sounds so fucked up...

Alarcón

It's not only about the performance but also (and especially) about the effort. For a supposed midfielder he had a pathetic number of touches, less than Neymar up until the 85th minute or so and the latter was subbed off after 60!!!

Other players at least tried, even Douglas tried. Don't know how you could argue with that Sumlit, really...

CatalinR10

I think that if a player has a bad game , you can call him of for that without being made a hater.

I don't get the point of playing him so deep in games like these. Every time he got the ball he managed to create something dangerous but was too far from the keeper's box. What's the point of him droping so deep only to give a 3-4 meter long pass. I was expecting him to drop deep only to take on players , leave them behind and give a key pass , creating good chances.

Jadentheman

Messi has declined we should accept that then adjust expectations of what he should do.

Some people here are still in denial about that

Mitchell1978

Except last game he played really well, just 3 days ago, but you know, lets forget about that. He sucks...

How about we don't overreact and treat it like it is, he had a bad game and the entire team had a bad game. See, simple and without exaggeration.

+ 1

Typical when he has a bad game, there are always some posters wo come out and repeat the same things over and over again. He was barça's best player and most decisive player the first 4 rounds of la liga and tonight he had a bad game. Its a shame but it happens, maybe he should get some rest against Granada so he can be ready for PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans