10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilian

Maybe it is too early to tell, but judging by the current season stats and style of play I think that we are seeing the evolution of Messi into a true number 10. Maybe I`m under the influence od last two seasons, when he was less involved and waiting to get a through ball or a pass to his feet at the edge of the box, like a usual striker. But I think not.

With current attacking potential that could be fantastic for Barcelona. It is much better to have a number 10 who scores 30-35 goals and has 20-25 assists and two strikers upfront with 20+ goals. I mean Neymar already has 6 goals by his name after only 6 games. Last season he had 13 at the end of the season. Add to that that we are still waiting for Suarez who is a beast in scoring and assisting. Also, we have Rakitić now, who scores 10+ goals per season.

The only problem I see here could be Iniesta. He isn`t used to have a strict central midfield position and he could struggle before he adapts. But I think he`ll adapt and then we could witness a monstruos and balanced attack with Iniesta - Messi - Rakitic and Neymar - Suarez upfront.

Peerless

He'll win the Ballon d'or IMO. 2/3 voters are the national team coaches and captains, I'm sure most of them will vote for Leo. However, the journalists almost always vote for the one who's won most trophies so I think Ronaldo will get most of there votes. It'll definitely be interesting though, I bet a lot of people are gonna cry conspiracy if he wins it this year.

But, even then I wouldn't be surprised. It took him injured, Ronaldo crying, a reopening of the voting just so Ronaldo could win and he won by 3%. All the other years Messi had like +20% lead, other then 2010. But if he carries on his good form, he'll definitely win.

As for La Decima, the CL is almost always forgotten when it comes to World Cup years. More people are going to remember Ronaldo missing chance after chance with Portugal and failing to get out of the group stage, rather than him scoring 17 CL goals.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Just for what it's worth, extrapolating Messi's production from 6 La Liga games to a full season, he is on pace for 32 goals and 38 assists, in La Liga alone.

Imagine if Messi finishes with a 30/30 clip of goals and assists in La Liga... It could happen...

Even 20/20 would be amazing :party1:

jamrock

i remember in dinho's last season i think, he did a 20/20 in la liga, where he carried the entire team by himself. messi could do something similar, but more goals 40/20

Stric

The incredible thing about Messi is that so many of his traits set him apart from all other players in the world. His scoring, assisting, acceleration and speed of changing direction are out of this world.

serghei

Superb game and, what is really impressive is that his workrate was back, at the level it used to be. He was making himself available, helped by the movement of Xavi and Alves, two of the players he's had an amazing connections since 2008. And he's building an amazing partnership with Neymar, which will, hopefully, become a tree man affair after the return of Suarez. Lucho must lay off the big changes for a while, and play the core of this team more often.

Egert

Estonian Culé
9qv6oo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans