10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

You might want to check out whoscored's new 'detailed tab' feature. It shows the number of unsuccessful dribbles now, and Messi's unsuccessful dribbles have been higher than his successful ones unlike in previous years. On the other hand, his possession losses are lower.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/11119/History/Lionel-Messi (go to the detailed tab, under category, pick dribbles)

Whoscored just got 10 times better :worthy:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You might want to check out whoscored's new 'detailed tab' feature. It shows the number of unsuccessful dribbles now, and Messi's unsuccessful dribbles have been higher than his successful ones unlike in previous years. On the other hand, his possession losses are lower.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/11119/History/Lionel-Messi (go to the detailed tab, under category, pick dribbles)

It could also be an anomaly, given you're comparing full season stats of past seasons vs 8 games this season. You only need look at this season UCL for 2 games and his WC stats to see how much it can fluctuate with so little sample size. (talking about dribbles and dispossessions.)

I suspect his final numbers on dribbles and dispossessions will end up around the same as previous seasons.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

The whoscored chalkboard and detailed section are brilliant, so much better at giving a quantified summary of the game (though the total/average calculation on dribbling is inaccurate and just adds the la liga/CL numbers for some reason, which represents nothing). Also, their through-ball stat is still off. There's no way that Messi only averages .5 through balls per game.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I just hope they go back to their old matchcentre display system. This new one is not as good IMO, and on top, it's buggy as hell and takes a long time to load, if it ends up loading at all.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I absolutely love the chalkboard. It shows exactly where on the pitch the dribbles happened, where the shots were taken from, where the touches happened etc. Brilliant.

However, I think they're having issues with loads on the server, it was down for almost the entire day today.

Ritchie

Honestly I'm not even upset. Penaldo can score the goals but as long as Messi plays for the team, even if that includes not scoring, I'll be happy as ever. Individual awards can't replace team awards.

Annoying that he'll break Messi's 50 league goals, even if half of them are pens. Messi might not be as prolific with pens but Madrid are a lot more dangerous in the box to get so many and you can see by their goal tally this season. Suarez will help a lot if we can keep that front 3 fit because Pedro is a waste of space. The first half showed we lack any depth in midfield (Xavi aside) which made the first half a waste of time against a team who should be put to the sword early.

At this rate Penaldo will score 100 goals this season.

Last edited:

ManusXavi

We saw Messi play the whole game against Eibar. How many minutes do you expect Lucio to play Messi in the matches against teams the lower half of the table. I personally wouldn't mind if the answer added up to an average of 60 minutes.

SeloBarca

Seems i was about right so far

CesDel

Different playing styles. Barça only knows 1 kind of football. Is annoying.

Thats got nothing to do with it. Yes, both teams play different, but that doesnt mean that doesnt explain why team defends deeper against us than them, as some teams have it and gotten good result against them beause of it.

It got more to do with the fact that teams either fear barca more or respect them more. Because parking the bus isnt a byproduct of our style, but rather a choice by the other teams managers. I mean, we play the same style in 100% of all our games, yet not all of them defend as deep.

If anything passing endlessly is a byproduct pf teams parking the bus..

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Ronaldo is now the ultimate goalscorer, and kudos to him. Chances are, people will praise him because of it. Anyone whose opinion matters will know that there is more to football than that. However, let them decide.

In the end what matters most is trophies, so Messi will get the credit he deserves if we takes the title while Ronaldo takes the European Golden shoe, Ballon dor etc.

Annoying that he'll break Messi's 50 league goals, even if half of them are pens. Messi might not be as prolific with pens but Madrid are a lot more dangerous in the box to get so many and you can see by their goal tally this season. Suarez will help a lot if we can keep that front 3 fit because Pedro is a waste of space. The first half showed we lack any depth in midfield (Xavi aside) which made the first half a waste of time against a team who should be put to the sword early.

At this rate Penaldo will score 100 goals this season.

I'm not so sure about that, Ronaldo always starts well, particularly in the run up to the Ballon Dor...but then he tails off toward the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Frodo_FCB

Messi is doing great so far and game game he comes closer to vintage Messi. The only think he misses now is his killer instinct in front of the goal. I think he has been a bit unlucky with these chances though. He is always our best and most influential player..

DinhoR10

Messi is doing great so far and game game he comes closer to vintage Messi. The only think he misses now is his killer instinct in front of the goal. I think he has been a bit unlucky with these chances though. He is always our best and most influential player..

+1 He lost it at the tail end of last season, but its coming back.

Kerrybai

I absolutely love the chalkboard. It shows exactly where on the pitch the dribbles happened, where the shots were taken from, where the touches happened etc. Brilliant.

However, I think they're having issues with loads on the server, it was down for almost the entire day today.

Better yet it allows stats to be checked per 90 minutes instead of per game. This give a far better representation of goalscorers like Neymar who have been subbed off a lot, or Munir who's goals per game ratio looks awful but per 90 minutes is far more accurate.

Its such a relief to see Messi involved again like he was before Tata. I just want last season erased from my memory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans