10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahj

not surprised at all. messi has definitely lost some standing among german football fans, but at least ronaldo is hated by a fair share of them. especially bayern supporters felt cheated on when ribery didn't win the balon d'or last year and this year, the main sentiment is that winning the wc should be the crucial factor for this trophy.

edit: schweinsteiger coming in 2nd place is somewhat strange considering he hasn't played since the wc and isn't going to until the end of the year.

Last edited:

Jägermeister

Bild readers' poll had Messi placed in the 11th place with only 2% of the votes while Ronaldo came 3rd with 16% of the votes, after Neuer (30%) and Schweinsteiger (17%).

Certainly German users are biased toward German players so not surprising that Neuer and Schweinsteiger got the edge, however, the fact that Ronaldo is much more visible than Messi goes to show goals/hype = everything, and everything else matters very little. I think this is probably the case in other countries as well.

Enough said.

Schumi

not surprised at all. messi has definitely lost some standing among german football fans, but at least ronaldo is hated by a fair share of them. especially bayern supporters felt cheated on when ribery didn't win the balon d'or last year and this year, the main sentiment is that winning the wc should be the crucial factor for this trophy.

edit: schweinsteiger coming in 2nd place is somewhat strange considering he hasn't played since the wc and isn't going to until the end of the year.

Then Iniesta should have won it in 2010.

But like I said before, this awards are downright silly. No Suarez, Vidal, Modric, Koke or Godin make that short-list an absolute joke.

Mitchell1978

Bild readers' poll had Messi placed in the 11th place with only 2% of the votes while Ronaldo came 3rd with 16% of the votes, after Neuer (30%) and Schweinsteiger (17%).

Certainly German users are biased toward German players so not surprising that Neuer and Schweinsteiger got the edge, however, the fact that Ronaldo is much more visible than Messi goes to show goals/hype = everything, and everything else matters very little. I think this is probably the case in other countries as well.

Schweinsteiger, lol. The guy has barely played this year.

Gaudi

Valdano:
********* is blocked..anyhow he is saying Messi lost ability to dismantle defence, he reckons because of injuries

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The forum still has the attitude that messi is immune to criticism i think. Some of the posts are dismissed as trolling, when its a fact that messi is not the superhuman he was before. Even then he's probably the best in the world still, at least top three.

Still cant figure out if its physical issue or the fact that teams know how to stop him now. Or the fact the rest of the team isnt the perfect machine it was in peps era.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The forum still has the attitude that messi is immune to criticism i think. Some of the posts are dismissed as trolling, when its a fact that messi is not the superhuman he was before. Even then he's probably the best in the world still, at least top three.

Still cant figure out if its physical issue or the fact that teams know how to stop him now. Or the fact the rest of the team isnt the perfect machine it was in peps era.

I don't know why people keep saying that. If anything then this thread goes full retard whenever Messi has an underwhelming game(sometimes even when he does well).

Mitchell1978

Maybe not all (his finishing is certainly not at a 2012 level) but most of the criticism is bullshit though, a large part of the press has turned on him and barcelona, maybe because of the legal problems or maybe after 5 years of domination the press got bored with him. And that site is rightfully blocked, its basically a RM-fan site that spends half the time bashing barça and its players. He has played well this season in about 80 % of the games and it turned out he wasn't fully fit for the clasico.

Schumi

Hasn't Messi been fantastic this season outside of three games?

1) Apoel: The whole team seriously underestimated that team and were collectively crap, including Messi.

2) Malaga: The whole team was sluggish and crappy against Malaga which also defended well. Another bad game for Messi.

3) Real Madrid: Best team in the world right now on their home ground. Again the team largely failed to perform and Messi was probably injected with painkillers. Very poor game by him.

Rahj

Iniesta has won more on every level than any German player. ;)
true, but i wanted to point out that the argument i talked about earlier doesn't apply to players who aren't german or players of a german team. though some people said that xavi or iniesta should have won the balon d'or in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans