10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butaan4barca

The forum still has the attitude that messi is immune to criticism i think. Some of the posts are dismissed as trolling, when its a fact that messi is not the superhuman he was before. Even then he's probably the best in the world still, at least top three.

Still cant figure out if its physical issue or the fact that teams know how to stop him now. Or the fact the rest of the team isnt the perfect machine it was in peps era.

Please do refer back to my older posts on why we didn't need neymar, and then my campaign against suarez and the effect of having all of them together, along with iniesta in one team.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Post removed. Thanks for proving my point.

Edit.... Shit my bad :lol: i should get some sleep

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
not surprised at all. messi has definitely lost some standing among german football fans, but at least ronaldo is hated by a fair share of them. especially bayern supporters felt cheated on when ribery didn't win the balon d'or last year and this year, the main sentiment is that winning the wc should be the crucial factor for this trophy.

edit: schweinsteiger coming in 2nd place is somewhat strange considering he hasn't played since the wc and isn't going to until the end of the year.

I wonder why? Because Messi couldn't score in the WC final against Germany? Or are these fans following La Liga?

neo_wolf

Truth is, the way these awards are going im really not expecting Leo to make the final 3 for the Ballon.
But anyway, as soon as Barca starts winning again people will hop on the bandwagon once more.

Peerless

How did he go from the most loved player 2-3 years ago to one of the most hated now?

As for performances on the pitch, for me its simple. The guy has lost a fair bit of his pace, due to injuries. There's a reason why his dribbling is much worse these days and has trouble going past one when he used to breeze past two with ease. As for his goalscoring, he's low on confidence and it shows. However, he's getting chances and unlike last year he's actually running into the box. It's a matter of time. Trust me in the end of the season, he'll be closer to Ronaldo's tally, than most of us think. Hell maybe he'll even beat it.

Mitchell1978

Truth is, the way these awards are going im really not expecting Leo to make the final 3 for the Ballon.
But anyway, as soon as Barca starts winning again people will hop on the bandwagon once more.

Nobody has more goals and assists then him in 2014, him not making the top 3 would be another farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans