10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Goals are not everything. If it was true then Maradona would not be considered best ever and Gerd Muller will be in competition for best ever and even Romario. But you hardly bring those player names in best player ever discussion. CR7 needs to win more team trophies. He has 1 ucl and 1 league in his 6 years stay at one of the biggest clubs in the world. But Real could continue winning and he could win 2 more Ballon D'or then everything would change. But at this moment CR7 legacy is nothing compared to Messi's.

juguar

Goals are not everything. If it was true then Maradona would not be considered best ever and Gerd Muller will be in competition for best ever and even Romario. But you hardly bring those player names in best player ever discussion. CR7 needs to win more team trophies. He has 1 ucl and 1 league in his 6 years stay at one of the biggest clubs in the world. But Real could continue winning and he could win 2 more Ballon D'or then everything would change. But at this moment CR7 legacy is nothing compared to Messi's.

Absolutely. Goals are certainly not everything. example- when I play with my pickup team, I know who's good. I may be upfront scoring the goals, but its the guy who can fake, dribble, hold off players and get the ball to me who's the best. I may knock in, and in some cases, tap in the goals.. but as far as I'm concerned, I know who's far better. And that guy scores goals too.. but its his ability to keep everyone guessing, run, change direction, fake and in doing so create for others thats truly admirable.. I know I can't do what he can, and he can certainly do what I can if someone would actually fucking get the ball to him.

That's Messi in a nutshell.

doublehh03

Man I can't wait until Messi gets out of this mini-slump that has been entirely due to bad luck (world-class saves). Let's start it tomorrow Leo.

Rahj

H6pLKnG.gif

god, i hate that bitch.

Schumi

Please Leo, break this motherfcking record !

People pointing out that goals are not everything are absolutely right.

BUT! I still want Messi to break the record. It would be great for him to do it before Penaldo-Divenaldo does it and this is a golden opportunity. I won't complain if he provides a couple of assists for Neymar and Suarez though.

Holly

Can someone please explain to me what Martino is doing? I read this morning that he seriously doubts that Messi will beas good again as he was before his injury. I would expect someone who is the manager of the NT of Argentina not to say these things in public and thus adding more pressure to him....but hey what do I know? It is just the way I see things....maybe someone can explain to me

Than he adds to it that he wonders why Messi even still wants to play for NT regarding the criticism he always gets in Argentina... I probably see this all wrong but it sounds to me like he would want him to give up.....

Let's hope he will shut everyone up tonight and score a couple of goals!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans