10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Observer

Did you 'observe' Sueddeutsche's article about it? They basically shortened Messi's statement to "Faus doesn't know anything about football" and more or less implied Messi said that because he was annoyed about not being the best-played player. Nothing about these allegations being false... I'm really disappointed.

Yes, I've seen it yesterday. Journalism has gone to shit in Germany for quite some time now. Reminds me of the "Killerspiele" articles not so long ago and I shudder to think how much bullshit they are spreading in far more important political issues if they can't even get their facts straight about much simpler subjects like computer games and football.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
More details on Jorge Messi's post-Faus saga interview:

http://www.insidespanishfootball.co...eo-grew-up-with-barcelona-and-loves-the-club/

Jorge Messi: Leo grew up with Barcelona and loves the club
by TomConn | Posted on Saturday, December 21st, 2013
Jorge Messi, the father of Barcelona’s four-time Ballon d’Or winner, Leo Messi has defended his son’s recent comments criticising club vice president, Javier Faus and insists that the Argentine captain is not trying to start a rift with Barcelona and wants to remain there for his career.

In an interview with Argentinean newspaper, Ole, Messi spoke about Leo stating Faus knows nothing about football and that the club should have better directors, wishing to close the chapter while insisting that the 26-year-old has no desire to leave the Camp Nou.

“I think we should close this brief chapter right now. It was nothing more than a direct response from Leo about public statements by Mr. Faus. It was said, full stop. We need to look forward, not backward. When Lionel says something, it always generates news. We don’t want this to generate conflict with the club or the president, let alone the Barca fans, and everyone at the club should be as professional as Leo.

“Leo comments were very strong and have snuffed out a lot of rumours that were completely unfounded. Although it was not necessary, I appreciate it. It’s a very important year for LMM and the Leo Messi Foundation because of the new projects that we are beginning this year and the projects we are looking into. This year my dedication to the Foundation will be complete and crucial.

“Leo has grown up with Barcelona and loves it. His total commitment is to FC Barcelona and his love for it goes beyond what anyone may think. There is no way that anyone can doubt that Leo is at Barcelona because of the way he feels about it and what the club represents.”

Jorge went on to add that Leo’s recent statements are not indicative of a rift with the current board and he has nothing to do with rumours that Messi wants a renewed contract.

“There are no problems whatsoever with the current board. In recent months, president Rosell has offered his support at all times, we appreciate these gestures and given the entity that is FC Barcelona, we may need them at some point. The support is indicative of the esteem they have for Lionel. Their goals are our goals, we want to achieve the maximum amount of titles for an institution which we both represent.

“I can say with absolute conviction that we had nothing to do with a proposed renewal or improved contract. We don’t wish to generate any tension regarding this topic. If the Club calls on us, we will sit down with their directors. On the topic of Leo’s future at Barcelona, Barcelona fans should know that his future is tied to this club.”

Jorge went on to wish all ‘Cules’ a very happy holidays and prosperous new year.

“As it’s that time of year, I would like to wish everyone, but especially all the Cule family a very happy holidays and a new year with good results, and above all, health.”

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Jorge Messi has definitely given a 'complete and well'-thought statements... respect man. All of them were shrewdly diplomatic. I think Messi should take his father's and his PR's advice here, move along with the drift and kick the butt of that stupid Faus, as well as Rosell, at the right time. Not the time for haste

barcanuck

Me thinks it all boils down how Pep left. Remember Messi crying at the press conference with Pep announcing his departure. He hasn't forgiven this board for driving Pep out.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I hope for the sake of the club that until 2016 we will have a viable alternative to Rosell&Laporta, but until now only Agusti Benedito said that he will be a candidate and the man is worse than Rosell. So unless something big happens until then no way Rosell's not winning again, with all the catalan press backing him and with the spanish press atacking Pep, Messi, Neymar etc. but never Florentino Perez' friend.

What's your beef with Benedito?

CatalinR10

I hope when Messi comes back (with a smile on his face because if he doesn't that will be blown out of all proportion) all this distraction goes away because the thought of Messi getting that fed up and wanting to leave is just unthinkable and would be a travesty in football terms.

He'll probably be substituted against Elche in the 80'th minute , score 3 goals and after the third he'll go to the bench , take out a can of coke and drink it while making eye contact with Faust , who will be in the stands.

Ilovefootball

He had all right to do it, the moment Faus talked down of him in public - No he didn't. There are many ways to solve a conflict. Messi chose the so-so one.
Messi isi more important and has more power than him - Probably true. But Messi shouldn't use his power at the club to punish board members whenever they say something bad about him. As I say, he could have dealt with the issue better. Talk with the man (Faus) first, maybe he made a mistake.

Messi is not an ordinary player - He is certainly not, but this is not important in this issue. It's a matter of principle. Adama Traore for instance should be treated with the same respect as Messi. They're both Barcelona players.

He doesn't use his influence against Barca - I wasn't saying that he did, but that he'd be wrong to do it. Some posters here tried to imply that Messi should use this incident as leverage in a "it's either me or Faus" thing. It's wrong IMO. This issue should be resolved without much noise. We have Barca vs City, not Messi vs Faust to worry about.

It's important to protect Messi - True. But it is also important for Messi to understand that he doesn't call the shots at Barcelona. He is the most important player, but this shouldn't get to his head and make him arrogant. I hope he remains the down to earth person he was back in 06-07. Read carefuly. I'm not saying he is arrogant, but that he shouldn't become arrogant.

Barca should never had to protect him from anyone from the club's board - Obviously. We can all agree that Faus was talking out of his ass. But, as I said, there are better ways to solve an issue. Making a public mess out of it is the worse.

Impressive you don't understand that - I do understand it. That's why I want this thing to go down quietly. But it seems like people are desperate to see Faus getting axed for saying something I'm sure he now regrets. I don't. Best possible thing is to focuse on football.

What nonsense!!! This is textbook material right here. Of course what you said here works perfectly fine in an ideal world, but we live in a bitch world and things needs to he conducted differently if you don't want to tarnish your image.

What would have happened if Messi had said nothing and tried to solve the matter in private? I can bet my house on that you would have been one of the first person to come up here and write that Messi definetly asked for the renewal otherwise he would have denied it publicly the moment this came out.

The person who is guilty on this whole thing is that assh**e Faus. The thing he said was unwarranted and you don't pass those comments publicly when you are a VP.

Why are you against him getting fire anyway? As a VP he has certain code of conducts and in this case he certainly didn't follow it. This alone demands for his resignation. On top of this, it's very clear that there has been driven a campaign to tarnish Messi's image this year and he had been attacked from different angles. The last thing, OUR best player needed was an attack from our board member. Everything put together, in the world we are leaving, it's more that enough reason to fire that as****e but will it happen? NO.

We are not very good in giving our star players the sending off they desserve and i think Messi is going to be added on that list pretty soon. If this continues, I don't see Messi in Barcelona after 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans