10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainsaw

Killahead
the only problem he has with argentina is his finishing. he puts his all in argentina shirt, rarely you will see messi playing like a madman like he did yesterday, he was doing EVERYTHING but his teammates couldn't return passes to him, what do you expect him to do, dribble past everyone? this is ridiculous. even some criminal fouls against him aren't called, like cuadrado's challenge late in the game. he is actually BEASTING and creating stuff out of nothing, being marked by THREE players he manages to go on a dribble, make a pass to a free player who will indeed FUCK UP. messi was immense bar his finishing. just watch the individual highlights or better rewatch the game

I don't need to rewatch the match but should stop reading the Barcaforum after the match, where the poor Messi being immense while the rest of the team is just ball hogging and fucking up all the time.

Ritchie

I think you have to factor in that South American sides are so awkward to play against as well and play like it's the 1980s and the referees allow it. The Copa America probably has more strength in depth now than even the Euros and the top teams are as strong. To win this competition Argentina would have had to get past Uruguay and Paraguay, Colombia and probably Brazil and Chile. Whoever wins the Euros next year will have an easier path. Although Chile have been very lucky with their draw.

Messi's winning the MOTM awards in this tournament so he's still the stand out performer. Argentina just aren't putting the ball in the net enough and Messi needs to be more prolific but he's putting them on a plate for players who can't finish.

Egert

Estonian Culé
2mmfy80.jpg

Mitchell1978

I think you have to factor in that South American sides are so awkward to play against as well and play like it's the 1980s and the referees allow it.

This very much so, this tournament has been quite awfull to watch with a lot of teams only thinking about defending and fouling the opposing teams best players.

BrazilFan

For Messi high standards, one goal off a PK doesn't scream standout performer of the tournament. A much better performance overall than his 2011 Copa America though.

footyfan

Calma, calma
This very much so, this tournament has been quite awfull to watch with a lot of teams only thinking about defending and fouling the opposing teams best players.

The tournament has been awesome! Quite a nice break from stale and boring European football. I think I'm going to start watching some more South American games from next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans