10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bismp

He doesn't have any other choice, he is our last hope to get any sort of a chance. He also had couple of chances to make it 1-1 at San Mames, but yeah...
Guys,IMO there is no way that we can win 5-0...

We usually beat opponents by a huge margin like this in LaLiga.Do you know why?Because after the 2-0,3-0 the opponents lose their faith and collapse,which helps us score 3+ goals more.The thing is that in league tournaments there isn't a big difference between 3-0 and 6-0 for the opponent...Their morale will be depleted,but many teams lose by a big margin in the Camp Noou,so "who cares?"

On the other hand,in 2 round ties like this,it is really really difficult to win 5-0,when the opponent has won 4-0 in the first match.The whole Bilbao team will be parking the bus(i am not trying to belittle them by this term).So,let's say that we field the best possible XI and that Messi(and Suarez) are in top form.So,let's assume that we manage to break the bus and score 1,2 goals fairly quickly.The thing is that NOTHING will change for Bilbao!They will continue to park the bus,as they know that we will still have to score 3 more goals.In other words,they will only start attacking if they concede 5 goals.In the meanwhile,it is quite possible that we may also concede from a counter-attack,which will make the whole situation a lot harder!

I am not saying it is impossible,but i really doubt that we can make it.I really doubt if the Pep Barca could do it,or even the best XI in the history of football :p.It would be a miracle!

Pepe Silvia

A part of me dies inside when Messi wears the captains armband. When his teams are down and need a kick in the ass he offers nothing. Football wise he is goat but he's not a leader.

Icarium

Lifestealer
That is the only aspect maradona is better than him. When the team is performing bad he goes into his shell. Hardly the type who forces things out of nothing. It is not like he doesn't do it at all but very rare.

KingLeo10

That is the only aspect maradona is better than him. When the team is performing bad he goes into his shell. Hardly the type who forces things out of nothing. It is not like he doesn't do it at all but very rare.

not at all, in fact messi has bailed out barcelona on countless occassions when the tables are turned or things have been going rough. bayern semis being the latest instance. your argument holds some weight for the national team though

Icarium

Lifestealer
not at all, in fact messi has bailed out barcelona on countless occassions when the tables are turned or things have been going rough. bayern semis being the latest instance. your argument holds some weight for the national team though

How so? Messi has bailed out barcelona many times, there is no doubt. He makes things happen sure, but he never takes command.

Alik

How so? Messi has bailed out barcelona many times, there is no doubt. He makes things happen sure, but he never takes command.

You first said that Messi hardly forces things out of nothing. Now you say he makes things happen sure. :wacko:

Scoring 2 fk goals following Sevilla fk goal, is turning the tables out of nothing.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Yeah, because that awkward quiet dude that is our first captain is so much more commanding, right? :lol: Always have to criticize Messi for something.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah, because that awkward quiet dude that is our first captain is so much more commanding, right? :lol: Always have to criticize Messi for something.

Never said that either. Messi and Iniesta both are not captain material. Only Masch comes close and sometimes pique.

Icarium

Lifestealer
You first said that Messi hardly forces things out of nothing. Now you say he makes things happen sure. :wacko:

Scoring 2 fk goals following Sevilla fk goal, is turning the tables out of nothing.

That is just down to him, the discussion is not about him performing under pressure or not. The question is can he motivate the teammates to perform better and get the result. That is the big question? Not criticizing him that much just saying that is not his nature. National team the situation is even worse.

Mido

There are only two true Barca captains at the moment : Puyol and Xavi.

I'd rather have Busquets as a second choice captain after Iniesta for this season. But let's get this straight : we do not have a true leader on the (battle)field. It's up to Enrique to play this role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans