10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

What does he have under his shirt? There's something sticking out from underneath, right where his name is.

I'm not one of those messi apologists who thinks he can do no wrong but I don't think it's down to fitness. In what way did he look unfit to you. Yes he got dispossessed more than he usually does but I don't think it's down to fitness. It just happens sometimes. He wasn't moving slower than he did last year imo.

F

Flavia

I'm not one of those messi apologists who thinks he can do no wrong but I don't think it's down to fitness. In what way did he look unfit to you. Yes he got dispossessed more than he usually does but I don't think it's down to fitness. It just happens sometimes. He wasn't moving slower than he did last year imo.
Fatigue is real. Almost all Barça matches, copa America, 120min vs Sevilla, 180 min vs athletic. He's not a robot.

raskolnikov

To be honest, ever since Anoeta Messi played every game possible for 90 minutes I think. This is too extreme. Even in a pointless game like this one he stays on the pitch when its dead.
He needs to eb rotated as well or we will be back to 2012/13 struggles in April.
I dont think lucho has the balls to bench him anymore.

Faceless

No more faces at night
To be honest, ever since Anoeta Messi played every game possible for 90 minutes I think. This is too extreme. Even in a pointless game like this one he stays on the pitch when its dead.
He needs to eb rotated as well or we will be back to 2012/13 struggles in April.
I dont think lucho has the balls to bench him anymore.

But the problem is... who we gonna sub for messi?

Serbian

He was very bad. Lost ball more than any other player, nobody was great, but i guess him and suarez may be tired? both where not that great

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't think that him playing every match last year has to do with it. He got several weeks of rest after Copa America. That's more than enough for his muscles to recuperate and for the effect of strain to leave his body and mind. Too much and athletes just lose their freshness. The density of matches he's played since his return is definitely a factor though. He played the Gamper and then 5 days later an intense full 120 minutes vs Sevilla. 3 days after that a strenuous full 90 against Athletic and then 3 days later another full 90 against Athletic. It's going from no activity to way too much activity in such a small amount of time.

A good way for a player to start the season is with 1 match per week for a while before CL/CDR midweek matches come up (as it would be without supercups). By then fitness is higher and some matches would be less stressful than others, allowing Messi to preserve himself more as he expertly does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans