10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be a little tired but I don't think thats what the big problem was with him today. Athletic need to get the credit. They got their feet in perfect position to tackle the ball. He was trying to take on defenders all night. I know he usually beats them but tonight was just an off night for him and a great day for athletic. No big deal in the grand scheme of things.

FC B

He clearly also looked tired and with a low morale as pretty much everybody in the squad except a few.

ATLBarcaFan

I think he is just worn out, he needs a couple months off. I'm not saying he should take it, but it would do him a lot of good.

klc123

I think he is just worn out, he needs a couple months off. I'm not saying he should take it, but it would do him a lot of good.

That's actually the worst thing you can possibly do.
No matter how hard a player trains, they can never replicate match practice, hence why players who go long periods of time without playing competitive matches always lack a bit of sharpness at first.

You only really start to wear a player down when you are playing them more than once a week. Let's also remember that Messi has adapted his game over the last few seasons. He has reduced his overall distance run each game, but the distance he covers is much more explosive as a consequence.

SeloBarca

Maybe not as much explosive as effective. Hes slower now and looses the ball more often.
I think well see Messi as a playmaker more then goalscorer from now on as his body slows down.

Catalan Fan

Maybe not as much explosive as effective. Hes slower now and looses the ball more often.
I think well see Messi as a playmaker more then goalscorer from now on as his body slows down.

There's life in the old dog yet ! :)

Eventually he will drop a little deeper and play more of a Xavi role, but I don't see that happening any time soon.Once Neymar is back the front three will continue to create havoc with Messi both scoring and assisting for fun.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi still looks fast to me. He outran a lot of players last season. I think the problem is, is that he's just easily fatigued because it's the beginning of the season. He needs to build rhytm. He might work on regaing some speed by losing weight as he seems to care more for his body now.

He's only just 28. No need for his body to slow down yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans