10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

It has already started ...:lol: Imagine the madness in this thread if we actually lose/draw because of his missed penalty

21112m0.jpg

What has already started? I don't have to vomit rainbow and sunshine for every player because he's untouchable on this forum.
I understand that he's shitty at penalties, that's why he should let them to someone who is just better at it like Rakitic or Suarez.
Especially when we consider the amount of penalties we get during the season.

The worst thing about this forum is constant sarcasm. That is something to laugh about.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He was brilliant against Sevilla and then brilliant in the final 15 minutes today when the marking on him loosened up. Athletic gave him a ridiculously hard time with that marking (and rock solid defending for the most part) which he won't see against a vast majority of opponents. Not worried, just a road-bump in his momentum building period early in the season.

Alarcón

He has the talent to score on every single penalty, it's just a matter of practicing them. He used to be a brilliant penalty taker at some point but somewhere along the line, he started to take penalties independent of the opponent's goalkeeper, which is always a lottery unless you take them as hard and precise as Cristiano. I'd much prefer he reverted to his old style and he would certainly miss less that way.

dakt

I wouldn't care much if he gave proper shot on the goal, but that was more of a pass to GK then shot on the goal.

Neymessi

I never like the idea of hitting the penalties at the bottom with low power relying on placement.He should be hitting high and I am sure he won't miss that much.

Stric

People are easily impressed, and memories fade. Messi not performing in the Spanish Super Cup, now this penalty miss potentially costing us point and a Ronaldo rampage later can easily chance things in terms of Ballon d'Or. Imagine then Madrid leading the league by a huge amount of point come voting time.. Oh boy.

I hope Messi delivers in the 2ns half, because this kind of choking is not gonna cut it.

Messi was key in winning a goddamn treble. I honestly doubt any kind of miracle from Ronaldo in the last few months of the year can override that to take away his BdO.

Stric

Wow, these last few pages are just toxic. I still can't fathom how people fail to understand that there's no basis to claim that player X would have a better conversion rate than Messi.

Horatio

You're welcome
So far in the new season Messi single-handedly overturned the 1-0 lead in the Super Cup final.

Don't think there is much that Ronaldo can do to win the Ballon d'Or this year.
Imho Ronaldo also didn't look that great pre-season and their first game in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans