10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

The goal where Suarez scored was due to Messi. He was so wide open b/c his defender was wary of Messi.

There were several instances (I was watching a French broadcast) they were talking louder when Messi drew at least 3 defenders.

He had a quiet game, but that's because it's due to his standards. He'll play better.

Suarez82315.jpg

Ritchie

Im still always nerveous when Messi steps up to take a penalty. It always feels like a 50/50 whether he will score or not.
Just dont try to be smart or shoot it softly just hard into a corner and be done with it.

The keeper always seems to dive the right way as well, so if he doesn't hit it well enough it's saved.

You can't expect him to score them all but he misses too many.

kilian

The goal where Suarez scored was due to Messi. He was so wide open b/c his defender was wary of Messi.

There were several instances (I was watching a French broadcast) they were talking louder when Messi drew at least 3 defenders.

He had a quiet game, but that's because it's due to his standards. He'll play better.

The goal was due to fantastic ball from Rakitic, great run from Alba and fantastic finish from Suarez.

Nothing to do with Messi.

klc123

The goal was due to fantastic ball from Rakitic, great run from Alba and fantastic finish from Suarez.

Nothing to do with Messi.

Two bilbao defenders, who up until then had played a flawless game, were found yards away from Suarez? Messi creates room for his team mates...

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
what's up with him and mad dribbles vs Athletic, lol. I count 4 throughout his career: one in 10/11, one in 12/13, one in 14/15 and the one yesterday.

kilian

Two bilbao defenders, who up until then had played a flawless game, were found yards away from Suarez? Messi creates room for his team mates...

As do other players for him all the time. That`s part of the game, create space for your team mates.

I don`t know why you always have to put Messi in the picture, like everything revolves around him. It was a beautiful action in which he didn`t participate and because of Rakitic, Alba and Suarez we won the game. Not Messi.

It doesn`t mean he isn`t a GOAT because he didn`t have much influence in one game. He is human too.

klc123

As do other players for him all the time. That`s part of the game, create space for your team mates.

I don`t know why you always have to put Messi in the picture, like everything revolves around him. It was a beautiful action in which he didn`t participate and because of Rakitic, Alba and Suarez we won the game. Not Messi.

It doesn`t mean he isn`t a GOAT because he didn`t have much influence in one game. He is human too.

I'm not one of the people on here who thinks the world revolves around Messi. But you said that the goal had nothing to do with him, when having 3 defenders marking the best player in the world does help everyone else. In the exact same way in which I give suarez lots of credit for giving Messi more space to run into. The two of them are good for each other.

BigBarcaBoy

Thought he came on strong towards the end of the game looking to stretch Bilbao's defence. Don't forgot he came back later so is behind most of the team in fitness.

kilian

I'm not one of the people on here who thinks the world revolves around Messi. But you said that the goal had nothing to do with him, when having 3 defenders marking the best player in the world does help everyone else. In the exact same way in which I give suarez lots of credit for giving Messi more space to run into. The two of them are good for each other.

In the picture posted above all I can see is a brainfart by Athletic defense. 3 players around Suarez, no one marking him. Nothing to do with Messi.

In general I agree with you, Messi attracts a lot of attention from opponents and that creates space for Neymar and Suarez. But not in this case.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

In the picture posted above all I can see is a brainfart by Athletic defense. 3 players around Suarez, no one marking him. Nothing to do with Messi.

In general I agree with you, Messi attracts a lot of attention from opponents and that creates space for Neymar and Suarez. But not in this case.

He's right. Messi drags two defenders, specially the CB Laporte out of position and they never have time to recover to Suarez.

Here's the full vid, so you can see.

https://streamable.com/nanl

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

the picture doesn't show the position they were in 3 secs before

kilian

He's right. Messi drags two defenders, specially the CB Laporte out of position and they never have time to recover to Suarez.

No. Watch the video again. Rakitic`s feint moves the defence out of balance, you can clearly see that. They were expecting his lob ball for Suarez and went for offside trap. But Rakitic did a fantastic feint and passed the ball to Alba instead. That was the reason why they didn`t have time to recover. Not Messi. For the third time.

Although one of them did try to close down Messi. But there were 4 other players in the line.

Last edited:

klc123

Yeah it's not obvious from the picture. In the picture it just looks like terrible defending/communication between the CBs. But when you watch the video you see that the CB was completely out of position as Messi came deeper to look for the ball, which gave Suarez all the space in the world.

Like I said though, I'm not part of the Messi circle-jerk, I just give credit where it is due. Suarez creates just as much space for Neymar and Messi with his running in behind defenders.

No. Watch the video again. Rakitic`s feint moves the defence out of balance, you can clearly see that. They were expecting his lob ball for Suarez and went for offside trap. But Rakitic did a fantastic feint and passed the ball to Alba instead. That was the reason why they didn`t have time to recover. Not Messi. For the third time.

Although one of them did try to close down Messi. But there were 4 other players in the line.

I don't know what you're trying to prove.
The CB was already 5 yards out of position tracking Messi by the time Rakitic even controls the ball.
The number one rule for a defence is that the two CB's should move around like there is a rubber band tied around them. The bigger the gap between them the easier it is to split a defence down the middle. Suarez is exactly where that CB should have been, if he hadn't moved forward to follow Messi before.

In short, if that is any other player in the world, the CB would ignore him and leave him to be picked up by the DCM. Because it's Messi and they were obviously told to give him 0 space in between the lines he follows him. Because of this Suarez has much more space at the back post when alba crosses the ball in. This isn't difficult analysis, this is elementary stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans