10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Im still always nerveous when Messi steps up to take a penalty. It always feels like a 50/50 whether he will score or not.
Just dont try to be smart or shoot it softly just hard into a corner and be done with it.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Seeing him missing a penalty with a weak shot is weird when you know he can hammer it into the top corner like he did two times in the game at Bernaleo a while back.

Stric

If I remember correctly, Neymar scored one against Cordoba and missed one against Villareal last season (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So his conversion rate last season is 50%. That must mean he's a shitty penalty taker, right? Of course not. It's pointless to claim that he's bad at penalties on the basis of those two, just as it would be to claim that he'd be better than Messi.

Mitchell1978

Seeing him missing a penalty with a weak shot is weird when you know he can hammer it into the top corner like he did two times in the game at Bernaleo a while back.

He just sored a penalty in the copa america penalty shootout as the only Argentinian player so he can do it under pressure.

BerkeleyBernie

He hasn't missed one in a long time, so calm down. Our whole attack is non-existent, and Messi is being marked out of the game again and nobody there to step it up. Seen it all before.

Messi wasn't marked out of the game (unlike the Copa). He received no service despite being wide open most of the time between the lines in the center of the pitch (rather than his more frequent right side spot). Rather inexplicable, as he looked dangerous every time he did touch the ball.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Sick run at the end but apart from that he had a horrible performance. I do not agree with him being overlooked by his teammates too. There were plenty of passes, clearances etc. coming his direction that were not really accurate but Messi did not fight for the ball there.
BUT everyone is allowed to have bad games. I rather see him play like today and win at San Mames than an awesome Messi performance and a loss for the team. He will step up next time and help his mates like they helped him today.

silvia

It's teamplay. I didn't focus on Messi-s play alone unlike some, so i wouldn't say he was horrible.
He alone made chances, it horrifies Bilbao's defense, other teammates had spaces to create chances then he did the job.
He can't make it if Dani plays like that and Raki doesn't run like his last half season.

xXKonan

CNHldinVAAAgTWi.jpg

:messi:

doublehh03

The goal where Suarez scored was due to Messi. He was so wide open b/c his defender was wary of Messi.

There were several instances (I was watching a French broadcast) they were talking louder when Messi drew at least 3 defenders.

He had a quiet game, but that's because it's due to his standards. He'll play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans