10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

This is word for word the same argument he had a few month ago on a different thread about this subject. It's quite obvious he doesn't hold Messi to the same high esteem than the majority of Barcelona fans.

It is actually a bit sad he has admittedly watched arguably the best player to ever play the sport, yet undermines and underappreciates his impact on the unprecedented success of the team.
Well, he's no Alexis :pep:

No, I just have a vast vocabulary and therefore a very precise scale. Elite - Great - Very Good - Good - Decent. Elite is a special word and I give it it's due consideration.
Sure :lol:

serghei

Well, he's no Alexis :pep:

:lol: I take pride in the fact that I defended Alexis when others said he's a worse player than Tello. So actually, mentioning Alexis is an homage to my football-eye, spoting real talent when others see slips and easy misses.

So, thanks.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I can't wait to see who he'll attribute our next ligas and champions to ? Busquets ? Bravo ? Douglas ? :lol:

This discussion is really something.

serghei

This is word for word the same argument he had a few month ago on a different thread about this subject. It's quite obvious he doesn't hold Messi to the same high esteem than the majority of Barcelona fans.

What high-esteem? I lost count how many times I've said he is much better than Ronaldo when he is motivated and one of the best players ever. Oh, you mean that esteem that would make me say he won 25 trophies on his own?

In that case, no, I don't.

F

Flavia

:lol: I take pride in the fact that I defended Alexis when others said he's a worse player than Tello. So actually, mentioning Alexis is an homage to my football-eye, spoting real talent when others see slips and easy misses.

So, thanks.

Yeah. You should try to be a scout, you'll surely do a great job. It's too hard to spot real talent like Alexis, when he had already showed he was great.

Icarium

Lifestealer
You don't need to say that. And it is also your opinion that xavi and iniesta are as important as messi,I believe people should respect that. It is not that crazy actually. But the way you use the NT stuff your claims are far off from the truth.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

So, thanks.

If this was the extent of your involvement in the Alexis argument, you would be quite in your right to take pride in it. But we know better.

What high-esteem? I lost count how many times I've said he is much better than Ronaldo when he is motivated and one of the best players ever. Oh, you mean that esteem that would make me say he won 25 trophies on his own?

In that case, no, I don't.

You need say no more. Evidence abounds.

serghei

You don't need to say that. And it is also your opinion that xavi and iniesta are as important as messi,I believe people should respect that. It is not that crazy actually. But the way you use the NT stuff your claims are far off from the truth.

I did say it's my opinion. "In my book" is the expression I used.

serghei

If this was the extent of your involvement in the Alexis argument, you would be quite in your right to take pride in it. But we know better.

It is. You know little, if you say otherwise. Or you can start digging and post some actual proof.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Okay, the second point is the one I am emphasizing on. Lets leave the discussion on the first point, its useless.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Everything? The fact that he helped an average performing team to World cup final and copa final is really amazing. Not many players did that recently. Dragging the team just by his individual quality.

serghei

Everything? The fact that he helped an average performing team to World cup final and copa final is really amazing. Not many players did that recently. Dragging the team just by his individual quality.

He did help. So did the entire defence, the best at the World Cup. Also, Di Maria and Higuain's goals vs Belgium and Switzerland were decisive (so was Messi's action prior to the Di Maria goal). Messi was great, but several members in that Argentina team had a very good World Cup. Again, their defence was great. So, it's Messi that brought them to the final? Or the team, as a whole (including Messi as an important part of the team)?

Average performing team? :lol: Can't agree with that. FFS they played 90 min. vs Switzerland, 120 min. vs Belgium, 120 min vs Holland and 120 min vs Germany. And they received 1 goal. 1 single goal. That's an amazing defensive performance. Can't believe people think that Messi brought them to the final on his own when the true star of that team was the defence.

You could say Messi was decisive in the group stage and that he carried Argentina. With that I agree. From the groups onwards it was mostly about the defence.

Last edited:

silvia

He did help. So did the entire defence, the best at the World Cup. Also, Di Maria and Higuain's goals vs Belgium and Switzerland were decisive. Messi was great, but several members in that Argentina team had a very good World Cup. Again, their defence was great. So, it's Messi that brought them to the final? Or the team, as a whole (including Messi as an important part of the team)?

Average performing team? :lol: Can't agree with that. FFS they played 90 min. vs Switzerland, 120 min. vs Belgium, 120 min vs Holland and 120 min vs Germany. And they received 1 goal. 1 single goal. That's an amazing defensive performance. Can't believe people think that Messi brought them to the final on his own when the true star of that team was the defence.

You could say Messi was decisive in the group stage and that he carried Argentina. With that I agree.
there is plenty of readings of analysis why argentina lost in final. you must read that.
Not one says argentina lost because messi is not enough. Substition mistakes...Messi's getting defensive roles at extended half...
and you know what. they are not amzing team without messi after all. defense is connected to middle and attack.
How many golas tthey conceded without messi? get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans