10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Pele: “Messi doesn't use his head. He only uses his left foot and not both feet. Today, he is the best.”

Jesus, where can I find this overrated fraud so I can punch his stupid face?

Pele was a great footballer, a legend, but not the smartest person in the world for sure. Actually, he is known for his big mouth that goes against common wisdom almost 100% of the time. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I do think we shouldn't always brush it off, he might be thinking about it for whatever reason. I read that the club is trying to sign some sort of "lifetime" contract with Messi, just to preempt anything I think.

Horatio

You're welcome
lol...I read the best sold shirt in England is Messi's.

Would be something if Messi and Ronaldo went to England to play for Manchester United. Wow.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He just said some similar shit about Neymar too in the same interview, so pathetic to be this insecure about new-gen players.

I hope to god Messi doesn't become a pundit or savant-a-la-Pelé spilling shit about himself being the greatest of all time to get sponsor deals from subway, i'd kill myself.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I hope to god Messi doesn't become a pundit or savant-a-la-Pelé spilling shit about himself being the greatest of all time to get sponsor deals from subway, i'd kill myself.

The media won't let him rest sadly, it's messi after all, everyone will be paying for some of his words after retirement.

raskolnikov

Pele brought up this heading argument before. I consider him to be extremely overrated, why is he more special than Gerd Müller or Romario? who actually score more using his logic.
His goalscoring record is fake, national team accomplishments are inflated with revisionism. Always considered Maradona clearly superior to him.
To me only people who come close to have Messi level talent its Maradona, real Ronaldo and prime Dinho.
It ends right there. When you take into consideration the consistency, records, domination and overall contribution, Messi stands alone.

JamDav1982

Pele brought up this heading argument before. I consider him to be extremely overrated, why is he more special than Gerd Müller or Romario? who actually score more using his logic.
His goalscoring record is fake, national team accomplishments are inflated with revisionism. Always considered Maradona clearly superior to him.
To me only people who come close to have Messi level talent its Maradona, real Ronaldo and prime Dinho.
It ends right there. When you take into consideration the consistency, records, domination and overall contribution, Messi stands alone.

Watching videos of Pele he was a genius and totally dominated his era.

He had everything. Could score in any way and was a team player that could make the final pass. His pass for Jairzinho in WC 1970 is my favourite ever for its simple genius and weight.

Take away the extra goals Pele adds and his goal record was still phenomenal and did it at the highest level he could.

For me it is him and Messi as best ever and Maradona is over rated.

raskolnikov

Watching videos of Pele he was a genius and totally dominated his era.

He had everything. Could score in any way and was a team player that could make the final pass. His pass for Jairzinho in WC 1970 is my favourite ever for its simple genius and weight.

Take away the extra goals Pele adds and his goal record was still phenomenal and did it at the highest level he could.

For me it is him and Messi as best ever and Maradona is over rated.

Way you describe him its like Messi meets Cristiano, yet when I see footage it doesnt impress me at all bar the highlight reel which can make douglas ook like Cafu.
I dont mean to insut Pele by the way, I consider him ahead of his time but just pure footballing talent I dont see the greatest player ever, thats Messi imo all things considered. Pele's time in Santos is comparable to if Barca only played in Catalunya and international football was still in its infancy.
Maradona is the only one that might have had more natural talent than Messi. To me that determines the most gifted player, Maradona is also overrated but in a different way.

What I would like to know about Pele, how big was the difference with his stats compared to others in the same league and era? For example if you look at Hungary in the 50's Puskas doesnt strike me better than Daek, just performed at Real whie Daek quit and revisionism put him miles ahead.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
The media won't let him rest sadly, it's messi after all, everyone will be paying for some of his words after retirement.

Probably, but he might actually just be the first GOAT to not grow up to be a complete douchebag like Maradonna or Pelé, and needless to say Cristina is gonna be the worst of them all, without actually ever having been goat at all.

If he doesn't speak of himself like that right now, there's a decent chance he'll keep his shiness/humility afterwards.

JamDav1982

Way you describe him its like Messi meets Cristiano, yet when I see footage it doesnt impress me at all bar the highlight reel which can make douglas ook like Cafu.
I dont mean to insut Pele by the way, I consider him ahead of his time but just pure footballing talent I dont see the greatest player ever, thats Messi imo all things considered. Pele's time in Santos is comparable to if Barca only played in Catalunya and international football was still in its infancy.
Maradona is the only one that might have had more natural talent than Messi. To me that determines the most gifted player, Maradona is also overrated but in a different way.

What I would like to know about Pele, how big was the difference with his stats compared to others in the same league and era? For example if you look at Hungary in the 50's Puskas doesnt strike me better than Daek, just performed at Real whie Daek quit and revisionism put him miles ahead.

Pele playing for Santos is not just comparible to Messi playing in Catalunya. He dominated South American football with Santos then destroyed the european teams like Benfica when he came up against them in games that were taken seriously.

Messi for me is best ever but Pele totally dominated club football at a continental and world level when he got the chance. While he was a key player in two world cup wins.

It is double standards to suggest Pele is all about the goal record then just list other names you have barely ever seen anything of juts because they had good goal record.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Messi (knee) won't rush his recovery as he wants to avoid relapse. Mascherano had same injury and also advised him to take his time. [md]

raskolnikov

Pele playing for Santos is not just comparible to Messi playing in Catalunya. He dominated South American football with Santos then destroyed the european teams like Benfica when he came up against them in games that were taken seriously.

Messi for me is best ever but Pele totally dominated club football at a continental and world level when he got the chance. While he was a key player in two world cup wins.

It is double standards to suggest Pele is all about the goal record then just list other names you have barely ever seen anything of juts because they had good goal record.

Of course it is, the huge majority of his goals come against regional teams that got bullied 11-1 by Santos.
Not that he can do anything about it but it doesnt mean its impressive.
Gerd Müller scored more than him and actually did it at a higher evel.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1099349-top-5-things-pele-does-not-want-you-to-know

Pele himself says things like let Messi win a wc or score 1200 goals when it is not the same time.
Its like if a superleague gets created and Messi and cr7 and up ripping future best player in the world for scoring less.

So al that remains to judge them on is pure talent and how they relatively did in their era, right?

When you look at Pele he stands out but he is nowhere near Messi when it comes to dribbling, ball control, vision, passing. So the only thing that remains is goalscoring, consistency and being complete as a goalscorer.
Its the same difference with Ronaldo currently except that cr7 is doing it on a higher level with much less time to think at a faster more intense pace.

When you look at Maradona for example his dribbing, passing,ball control and vision its all cose to Messi's level or even arguably slightly better, he also is clearly more influential in lifting up a team, has better leadership skills and is better at set pieces. Messi on the other hand is a way better goalscorer and extremey consistent and dedicated while Maradona was a mess.
Thats why he is the only player as gifted as Messi for me, with Dinho and prime Ronaldo coming close as natural talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans