10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Neymar and Suarez can beat Madrid. I agree with resting him. It's only a matter of time before the Benitez-Ronaldo disparity brings down the rest of the team and when that happens, they will drop points. So even if worst case we lose, I still think a win in 2016 at the Camp Nou will be much more decisive in determining the league.

Plus if we throw him in half fit, I know he'd be targeted and Pepe and/or Ramos would try to knock him out for the rest of the season. More risk than reward in my book, plus it lets Neymar have a chance to truly show that he can lead this team without Messi.

Icarium

Lifestealer
A draw at Bernabau is also fine. Just hope sure the whole team plays with some intensity to get some points.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Better be 4-4-2 then. Munir/Sandro haven't been taking their chance at all and shouldn't see a single minute in the Clasico.

Last edited:

Kuchi

I honestly don't want him in the Classic, it's obvious he'll not be 100% and if that means 1% chance of relapse, well, fuck it. Lose the 3 points, we'll get them back next year.

Pressuring Messi both physically and mentally to perform well in the Classic is the dumbest thing in the world.

Without Messi, we'll see the grit of our boys, they'll try to make the best of it and i'll be fine with a defeat, as long as we don't get trashed (which i doubt because Rafa Benitez is way to conservative)

3 pts behind, going into January is ok in my book

EdmondDantes

alves - pique - masch - alba
roberto-raki-busi-ini
----suarez-neymar

Interesting formation, perhaps we could have Mascherano in midfield and some height and pace in Verma or Matty at CB.
I like that two roaming strikers formation if Messi is indeed out of the Clasico.

I have a sense Benitez will go ultra defensive, I'd take a point there and go about our business afterwards.

Last edited:

vlad

i agree, better not rush messi to play his first match after injury in el classico, i think barca can take points from there even without him.

dakt

If we can survive 1st half in clasico w/o getting the ball in our net, we can win.
IMO, it can end up in embarrassment or slim victory.

Top three players to watch out for:

1) Marcelo
2) Isco
3) Benzema

Also, close Modric as much as possible...without him they are half crippled.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
i agree, better not rush messi to play his first match after injury in el classico, i think barca can take points from there even without him.
Would take a draw easily. I believe we can win but at the same time if our defense isn't fully focussed we could be embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans