10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondDantes

I'm hearing Messi trained yesterday and he scored two goals or something? If that's correct I think he could possibly even start.

The lads having 3 days off is fantastic as well.

footyfan

Calma, calma
not this argument again please :lol:

Technically, it's only worth 3 points because a win will only give you 3 points. But in terms of the title race, it's worth 6 points. The caveat is that you have to accept a looser definition of the word 'points'. On any given matchday, there is a maximum of 6 points available to Barca and Madrid combined. For the title race, the net points you gain is not just dependent on your performance but also on your main rival's performance. On most matchdays, your actual game is only worth 3 points, because your result does not affect the result of your main rival's. But in a Clasico, your result directly affects the result of your main rival's. Which is why it's worth 6 points. Because it combines the results of two games into one.

Think of it this way. Normally, all the games are worth 3 points on the table. But even if you get those 3 points, you don't actually change your position with respect to your rival because they also won. Your points total is +0 with respect to your rival. But in a Clasico, if you win, you actually change your position with respect to your rival. Your points total goes up by +3 with respect to them. Which means that, in effect, the game is worth 6 points.

El Flaco

Messi with an orange

[gfy]WeeklyUnlinedGoosefish[/gfy]

Bonus: Just found a remake of this clip

[gfy]SeveralCheeryAmericancurl[/gfy]

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Think of it this way. Normally, all the games are worth 3 points on the table. But even if you get those 3 points, you don't actually change your position with respect to your rival because they also won. Your points total is +0 with respect to your rival. But in a Clasico, if you win, you actually change your position with respect to your rival. Your points total goes up by +3 with respect to them. Which means that, in effect, the game is worth 6 points.

It's still not 6 points to me. I would rather just call the match 'decisive' or 'important'.
Because they are basically: 3 points + the rival losing in one. But reality is that can still happen anytime with all of the other games. By this logic anytime barca wins 3 points and Real doesn't we should consider it a 'sort of 5 or 6 points' win. This has never been done so before however.

Last edited:
[MENTION=11986]footyfan[/MENTION] haha, genuine content, trolling intent.
2 games into one is a much more accurate formula than calling it a 6 point game. The latter is widely misunderstood and/or contradicted because frankly it's weak and misleading. But most of all it's a pointless debate as everyone (i hope) gets the idea from the start.

BarcaOG

Banned
I rather Messi not play at the Bernabeu. Last year we lost there and we still won the league. Not worth the risk of losing him for even more time.

Besides, as I've said elsewhere, Neymar and Suarez are in fine form. We can count on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans