Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

#FreeMessi
#Plase, don't ever play him in the middle
It doesn't work.

This is 2016, not 2009 anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Jadentheman

His acceleration looked fine against Bolivia. Shure not the best game but still created the most chances out of the front three.

Yes his acceration is fine, but his pace is gone. And that's why he doesn't take on as often anymore, but why would you when you can play deadly passes

dakt

You have to be kidding.
Literally 3 days ago he flew by numerous defenders as fast as he ever was.

No, you have to be kidding. No one can tell me that professional football player can't run for at least 45 fucking minutes? What is so mythical about it?
You can gain space by moving faster. You can make pressure by doing more runs. What is so hard to understand? Suarez was also "tired" but he ran more.
There's no way you can beat RM on foot. If he repeats the same mistake against AM, I cannot expect wonders to happen.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
No, you have to be kidding. No one can tell me that professional football player can't run for at least 45 fucking minutes? What is so mythical about it?
You can gain space by moving faster. You can make pressure by doing more runs. What is so hard to understand? Suarez was also "tired" but he ran more.
There's no way you can beat RM on foot. If he repeats the same mistake against AM, I cannot expect wonders to happen.

Dude you said that his acceleration is gone.

F

Flavia

#FreeMessi
#Plase, don't ever play him in the middle
It doesn't work.

This is 2016, not 2009 anymore.

Thanks in advance.

I second that. His position today was awful. It was easy to neutralize him.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Well there's a misunderstanding in the language here because I don't think you phrased it correctly.
It's not possible to lose or gain acceleration like that. He's not a toy car.
What you probably mean is just that you want him to run more, to be more active, nothing to do with acceleration.

dakt

Not sure what to think of him really. Hope for better performance against AM and that Neyboy and Suarez can help.

JamDav1982

He still has decent acceleration he just doesn't really move off the ball enough to give himself space to use it when in the middle.

Out wide it is fairly simple to move out to touch line or trot inside when RB has it out wide as there are less players about.

In the middle he is too easy to shut down for the better teams as they know where he be will more often than not take the ball at walking pace.

lmcr17

people saying he was goat against bolivia but now that he faces a tough team he suddenly wasn't so goat .strange.

Mitchell1978

I don't think him and Neymar can co exist anymore. Sure they will bully most of the La liga teams who are beaten before the game kicks off but seeing Messi so ponderous and Neymar so restricted in the big games tells it's own story imo.

Could be. If Neymar wants to reach his full potential as a player (and chalenge for best player in the world) then he will probably need to leave Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans