10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total-Football

Bolivia says hi.

1- how many runs did he made during the whole game ? amazing runs yes .. but very few .. and it doesnt contracdict what i have said .. i said he makes fewer runs than pre 2013 i didnt say he doesnt make any

2- in the Bolivia game .. argentina were camping in their oppenent's territory and that made it physically easier for aragentina players

BarcaOG

Banned
Shocked people easy at forgetting things.
Think it this way..

Messi picked the atm game over this one. He could've surely made more effort but he thought it would danger his performance against atm. It's against Madrid. A team with the likes of pepe and ramos around. To make it worse, his stamina is indeed not in a good shape.

I would easily forgive him, also ney and suarez, if the outcome against atm prove as positive. If there has to be a lost, then today's game is obviously better than next midweek one.

I don't buy that for a second. What do you mean players 'pick' which games to perform in? Does that mean they were sloppy on purpose? And how is that acceptable in any way considering how much they are paid? What would your boss say if you told him you're only going to work hard some days and not others?

There are no excuses. They were bad, and I'm sure they'd say so themselves. I doubt that right now they're thinking "haha, those Real fools. We weren't even trying."

sickstar

Total, I didn't watch the full match but from what I saw from the clip, his runs were any time during the match, from early minutes till near end. Hell that crazy dribble past 4/5 was at mid 2nd half if im not mistaken.

Does anyone have a link of a complete messi dribble stat? Whoscored ignores the non-club matches.

BarcaOG,not literally picking, just knowing the importance between a 9 points lead in league to a knock out of CL. He probably went more if atm isn't 3 days ahead or bolivia wasn't 3 days ago.

Devils

Yeah Messi picks which games to perform in.

It's not like he's a professional athlete who plays in the most competitive level of the sport in a game against their biggest rival in the biggest game in all of world football.

Surely he put aside his competitive spirit, pride, desire and effort to win against Real Madrid and decided to not be there for his teammates who are like his brothers because he CHOSE to save himself for the champions league

...or he could just had a bad game.

NotInHere

It's disappoinng watching Messi come up short in an important game, but he can still make up for it against atletico, if he doesn't then people deserve to go on depressed mode, not now guys.

gasgas

May be we should no longer start him in classicos.
He hasnt had a good more than two years now.
Bench him for sergi roberto like first classico

serghei

I think the 2-1 win vs Madrid from last season was a good game from Messi. Even got an assist and was overall unlucky not to score. Could have provided another assist for Alba's very big chance IIRC.

Today though he was really bad. But Messi has games in which he plays badly, it happens.

The game itself, leaving aside the Cruyff situation, was not that important in the economy of this La Liga campaign. The gap between the teams was too big. Atletico on tuesday will be the real high-stake game we need to see if we have what it takes to go all the way this season.

I don't understand most of the reactions here. Before the game there were discussions about how we should rest players for the Atletico game, how that is the more important game, etc. etc., and now all of a sudden it's this insane tragedy that we lost a game while having a 9 point lead (+h2h) over our rivals.

B

beautifulgame

I think the 2-1 win vs Madrid from last season was a good game from Messi. Even got an assist and was overall unlucky not to score. Could have provided another assist for Alba's very big chance IIRC.

Today though he was really bad. But Messi has games in which he plays badly, it happens.

The game itself, leaving aside the Cruyff situation, was not that important in the economy of this La Liga campaign. The gap between the teams was too big. Atletico on tuesday will be the real high-stake game we need to see if we have what it takes to go all the way this season.

I don't understand most of the reactions here. Before the game there were discussions about how we should rest players for the Atletico game, how that is the more important game, etc. etc., and now all of a sudden it's this insane tragedy that we lost a game while having a 9 point lead (+h2h) over our rivals

agreed serg

Kohe321

Putting him in the middle also removed one of our most deadly attacks. When he's on the right, defenders heads naturally turn to him permitting Neymar or Alba to quickly run in behind, prompting him to do that beautiful right to left crossed pass that he perfected last season. From the middle he still managed to do some initiating lobbed passes, but they were generally too telegraphed and easy to read.

Also, generally speaking, a lot of our attacks start with Messi getting the ball somewhere on the right side, and then the attacking movement of the team sort of naturally flows from right to left. It has become part of the attacking rhythm and pattern that makes MSN so effective. Placing him in the middle did confuse his teammates a bit, and it was especially evident with Suarez. Many times their positioning got awkward and their movements was not in sync.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Thanx [MENTION=19453]MaxY[/MENTION] for that stat, we were desperatly looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans