10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Its true and it must be said. He often is a drain on our team and it is totally unacceptable that he does zero defensive work and hardly works at all in many games. Something must be done and fast. Are we getting way too dependent on Messi? Is it time to think outside the box?

BBZ8800

Messi is now on 452 minutes without a scored goal.

So, our last matches are:
Villareal 2:2
Real 1:2
11-man Atletico 0:1
10-man Atletico 2:0
Sociedad 0:1
11-man Atletico 0:2

We lost "4" matches against 11-man teams in these 2 weeks :shakeshead:

Messi and the whole team reached the worst form in the key part of the season.
Last season, we won everything after a bad start.
This season, we have a chance to lose tons of things after insane start of the season.

I am personally rooting for a weaker start in the next season :sherlock:

For a CL trophy, some luck and peaking in the April/May was always almost more important than "being the best team in the world over the whole season".

Total-Football

He runs 7 km per game.
Players like koke, vidal run up to 13 per game and every game and still they keep running
He's lazy.
He's been our virus this season because no matter what, pl@yers will want to pass to him while he's buy screwing up

they say love is blind for a reason .. most fans love messi to the point where they dont see simple logical numbers anymore .. they think you can win games running 7km .. i was the only one stating the obvious but thanks for joining Buddy

ps : i only disagree about the laziness part because we dont know the reason why he dont run

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's sad really isn't it?

It really is.

Messi was awful and that cannot be debated for me, but to say he's the sole reason for our downfall, and to make it worse, say he's been like that the entire season is just so stupid.

No words.

gasgas

Did you start watching us play the last couple of weeks?

As far as I know.
Titles are not won in january/february.
If you perform badly now and lose titles one after another it doesnt matter how many times you scored vs getafe, eibar etc.
It is games like these that define your season

Alarcón

He was embarrassing. Not only his playing level but also and especially how little effort he showed, how little he seemed to care, how much he just stood around and watched the team play. He is supposed to be our best player yet playing with him was like playing with 1 man less. It's not because he had a bad day but because he just didn't even fucking try. Who needs Douglas when you have star players like Messi and Neymar who just decide to disappear for a couple of games because they feel like it?

raskolnikov

Messi is now on 452 minutes without a scored goal.

So, our last matches are:
Villareal 2:2
Real 1:2
11-man Atletico 0:1
10-man Atletico 2:0
Sociedad 0:1
11-man Atletico 0:2

We lost "4" matches against 11-man teams in these 2 weeks :shakeshead:

Messi and the whole team reached the worst form in the key part of the season.
Last season, we won everything after a bad start.
This season, we have a chance to lose tons of things after insane start of the season.

I am personally rooting for a weaker start in the next season :sherlock:

For a CL trophy, some luck and peaking in the April/May was always almost more important than "being the best team in the world over the whole season".

Luck part is true as well, had we drawn Wolfsburg we still might have gotten true and get our act together in a few week for the semis.
Its doesnt help that we have little depth and played so many games. Fifa viru did us in after that.

serghei

He's one player. Not the reason we lose when we do, and not the (only) reason we win when we do. Lose as a team, win as a team. There's no part in his contract that says he has to be decisive every time. Chelsea blocked him, Inter blocked him, Atletico blocked him in 2014 and did it before now. He CAN be blocked, and it has been proven.

Jombi

they say love is blind for a reason .. most fans love messi to the point where they dont see simple logical numbers anymore .. they think you can win games running 7km .. i was the only one stating the obvious but thanks for joining Buddy

ps : i only disagree about the laziness part because we dont know the reason why he dont run

It was the same in the World Cup.

BBZ8800

If I calculated correctly, this is what our 2 key players have done in key moments of the season:
1. Messi, 452 minutes without a scored goal
2. Neymar, 409 minutes without a scored goal (a penalty against Villareal)
-- 522 minutes if we don't count that penalty

Well done boys, well done.

Last edited:

Jombi

He's one player. Not the reason we lose when we do, and not the (only) reason we win when we do. Lose as a team, win as a team. There's no part in his contract that says he has to be decisive every time. Chelsea blocked him, Inter blocked him, Atletico blocked him in 2014 and did it before now. He CAN be blocked, you know?

What do you think about running 7 km?

KingLeo10

If I calculated correctly, this is what our 2 key players have done in key moments of the season:
1. Messi, 452 minutes without a scored goal
2. Neymar, 409 minutes without a scored goal (a penalty against Villareal)

Well done boys, well done.

absolutely tragic isn't it. playing the full 90 mins in meaningless and already won copa games but doing fuck all in the most decisive stage of the season. that worked last season because we were the hungriest team in europe but won't work again.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
He's one player. Not the reason we lose when we do, and not the (only) reason we win when we do. Lose as a team, win as a team. There's no part in his contract that says he has to be decisive every time. Chelsea blocked him, Inter blocked him, Atletico blocked him in 2014 and did it before now. He CAN be blocked, you know?

I disagree, messi is the only reason we win whenever we do.
He means that much to us and that's the reason why even when he's poor everyone keeps passing him the ball and expect him to do some magic.
Swap messi out of barca and the team would have 1/5th of the achievements it has.
Look at the bayern loss, he was injured, at 14 he was dead tired, now he's bad again and would you look at that, we have 3 losses in 10 days.
Barca is messi.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was embarrassing. Not only his playing level but also and especially how little effort he showed, how little he seemed to care, how much he just stood around and watched the team play. He is supposed to be our best player yet playing with him was like playing with 1 man less. It's not because he had a bad day but because he just didn't even fucking try. Who needs Douglas when you have star players like Messi and Neymar who just decide to disappear for a couple of games because they feel like it?

You are 99% correct... Messi did cover for Alves once and dispossessed Carrasco if I'm not mistaken, in that moment I thought he was going to get into the game but no dice...

The thing is that Messi at least has done something for this club, Neymar on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans